Strategy 400 : which version ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

decker

Reaction score
Hi,

Silverwulf wrote several great pages about Metallica and Boogie stuff : really interesting ! This one deals with the Strategy 400 : Gear Spotlight: Mesa Boogie Strategy 400 Power Amp

There are three versions of the Strategy 400.

1/ Which one sounds best to yours ears ?

2/ Setting the presence knob correctly, can a v3 sound like a v1 or not ?

Thanks.

Wow i never saw that much info on the strategy, thats awesome

So i got the second version with the presence switch that i pair my quad preamp with (shortest straw and general metal etc.)

On its own i prefer the quad/strategy to my mark iic+ (yeah its THAT good) but once eq enters the equation the 2c+ comes on top ofcourse.

I never had the other versions so i cant speak much on it however i probably wouldnt be able to tell them apart sonically especially between the first 2 versions, and tbh even the third wouldnt make THAT difference as its not supposed to be coloring your sound but i could be wrong.

Just keep in mind that those things are heavy and durable as heck so no much worries about maintenance BUT once they go bad its a pain in the a** to get it fixed also very much expensive having freaking 12 tubes to deal with.

Latest posts

Back