Strange problem?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Dunno if this is an amp issue or a cable problem, but I figure it wouldn't hurt to ask here before I go calling M/B directly.
My MkV starts off well, but once I go through my loop/solo buttons the amp will drop in db and aggressiveness. I am no longer able to hear myself in the band mix, and the volume only comes back after 1) I go through the loop/solo/mute buttons 2) I wiggle my cables enough hoping that that will fix it 3) I get lucky and do something that gets the volume to come back to normal (and I have no idea what I've done to do it).

Thanks for any suggestions and help you may offer!

sonancestudios said:
Dunno if this is an amp issue or a cable problem, but I figure it wouldn't hurt to ask here before I go calling M/B directly.
My MkV starts off well, but once I go through my loop/solo buttons the amp will drop in db and aggressiveness. I am no longer able to hear myself in the band mix, and the volume only comes back after 1) I go through the loop/solo/mute buttons 2) I wiggle my cables enough hoping that that will fix it 3) I get lucky and do something that gets the volume to come back to normal (and I have no idea what I've done to do it).

Thanks for any suggestions and help you may offer!
so basically when you engaged the loop that's when you get a drop in volume?? what's your send level for the loop? i keep mine at 12:00 o'clock.

i am assuming that you have an effect in the loop? if so, check the level in your effect........

also check V6....

hope that helps :wink:

No, it's not when I turn on my loop...usually it will be either after I turn the loop on, and then off OR mute on/mute off OR hit the solo button on and then off. I'll definitly look into changing my preamp tube(s) and see what that does.

sonancestudios said:
No, it's not when I turn on my loop...usually it will be either after I turn the loop on, and then off OR mute on/mute off OR hit the solo button on and then off. I'll definitly look into changing my preamp tube(s) and see what that does.
may also be your footswitch cable....

good luck :wink:

Latest posts

Back