Strange Issue

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ytsejammer777

Reaction score
Last night I had my second band practice with my JP-2C. About an hour in, the amp completely shutdown. No lights, no power. It is plugged into my Furman and there did not seem to be any power loss. My Fractal did not lose power. I flipped the power and standby switches to off, then turned the main switch back on and the amp powered back on. Flipped the standby switch and played another 30 minutes or so. So nothing blew as far as fuses/tubes, but the sudden shutdown makes me rather nervous with a show coming up in the next couple of weeks.
Ive never had an amp do that without some kind of fuse or tube failure.

Any ideas?

Gremlins? Got to be a Gremlin, little *******! Man that sucks, I've had other amps do that and it never turned out good. Expect it to happen in the middle of playing a large show! Dang, I hate hearing about the problems with these amps and mine hasn't even gotten here yet.

Fir some reason the AC cord socket is located in-between the transformer and the headshell where it is hard to get at and it may have become loose on your amp.

Markedman said:
Fir some reason the AC cord socket is located in-between the transformer and the headshell where it is hard to get at and it may have become loose on your amp.

That happened to me a couple of times, the cable had gotten unseated (confession, I had been messing around, so it was my own fault). Once I got in firmly back in place it was fine.

Latest posts

Back