str415's

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogietone

Reaction score
Bought these yesterday online. Didn't realize till after the transaction that one is a blue label and the other is a green label. At first glance I couldn't see the green label unlike the blue so I thought the tube with the green was facing the other way with label away from the camera. So, is it safe to assume I can't really use these till I find a matching tube for one or the other or both?
Thanks! :D

The STR-415's weren't color coded like Mesa tubes are now. The short answer is no, you can't assume they will be a matched pair. I have a bunch of STR-415's that I bought on ebay (and some here) as "matched" pairs and quads. Some of them match and some don't.

I have a Weber Bias Rite and always check the tubes. Some will idle as low as 18mA and some are in the 50mA's. I have enough of them that I can match them up and make them work in various amps.

If you are lucky they might match. If you are really lucky they might also idle in the range you need. I personally would check them on a Bias-Rite when I got them.

Thanks Sundaypunch. I got these off Ebay last night. The description said that the output readings were 97 and 100. Don't know what that means exactly. Also, there were a couple more numbers in the description that were after the shipping info so I don't know these numbers apply but they were:
A156
847, 848
CV50

Those probably have something to do with shipping but since I don't know for sure I thought I'd throw them out there and ask.
Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back