Stilleto Duece Stage I

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
agreed my father in law was over yesterday, and he is more tradition with his gain, and I just put him through the crunch channel and he loved it

I agree I'm really getting into channel 1 crunch mode with my strat getting some SRV tone dialed in is pretty easy. And I highly recommend the Shuguang El34 tubes instead of JJs.

I pretty much live on the Channel 1 Crunch mode with my Deuce II. You guys have me curious now. Has anyone compared that mode between Deuce I and Deuce II?
Are they the same?

Riff Blister said:
I pretty much live on the Channel 1 Crunch mode with my Deuce II. You guys have me curious now. Has anyone compared that mode between Deuce I and Deuce II?
Are they the same?

I didn't notice any difference when I AB'd my Stage I with a friend's Stage II. The only slight difference I noticed was when using Fluid Drive. I've yet to figure out what exactly Stage II owners are talking about when they say Stage II is so much better.

to be honest, I don't hear too much either except in Fluid also, certainly a re tube made more of a difference compared to stock than stage 1 to stage 2, does that make sense?

I saw a few posts about new tubes so I figured I would provide feedback.

I recently installed the Mansfield BIAS mod, big thanks to John Mansfield for the email help, and put in a new full set of JJ KT77 tubes. Complete with preamp and rectifier replacements as well. I upped the BIAS from 27ma to 35ma.

One thing I can tell you is the BIAS mod and the KT77 tube kit did a lot for the Stiletto Stage I. It did not change the overall sound but did more to bring the amp to life.

I have recorded many clips but I now have to figure out how to create a single image video with audio behind it so I can upload it to youtube.

I am planning a full post and write up when I am done. I am thinking FD mod next.

Back