Stiletto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie

Reaction score
So which one is better Stage I or Stage II?

Just kidding! I got to put my Stiletto (Stage I) through its paces in a practice space again yesterday and I am liking the amp more and more. I used it with my Marshall 4x10 this time and I think I may like it more than the 4x12. The amp has a thick, woody tone to it that I really dig. Definitely has a Marshall tone to it but you can really tweak it and get a lot of different tones. It looks like this thing is going to replace my trusty old JCM800. My only gripe with this amp is the lack of reverb. Most styles you are going to play with this amp aren't going to need it but it would really help fill out the clean channel.

Charlie said:
So which one is better Stage I or Stage II?

Just kidding! I got to put my Stiletto (Stage I) through its paces in a practice space again yesterday and I am liking the amp more and more. I used it with my Marshall 4x10 this time and I think I may like it more than the 4x12. The amp has a thick, woody tone to it that I really dig. Definitely has a Marshall tone to it but you can really tweak it and get a lot of different tones. It looks like this thing is going to replace my trusty old JCM800. My only gripe with this amp is the lack of reverb. Most styles you are going to play with this amp aren't going to need it but it would really help fill out the clean channel.

Just put a delay in the loop . Thats what i do and it sounds fantastic .

Strangely, I don't miss the reverb with mine. I didn't expect that coming from the Roadster, which has one of the better Mesa reverbs out there, but I don't.

I just use a little slap-back from my H2O and that's all I need.

When I use to have my DR head I would use a Electro Harmonix Holy Grail pedal in the FX loop and it sounded AMAZING!!!!!! :shock: Try that with the Stilleto. In fact I'm thinking of doing the same thing again with my RK.

I didn't think I'd miss the reverb but the room we practice in is DEAD. Which is nice because I can turn the amp up a bit without earplugs and not go deaf. But there is absolutely no ambience in the room.

I used to have the pedal Boss discontinued that had both reverb and delay so I might try and pick one up used. Been thinking about checking out the holy grail as well.

Latest posts

Back