Stiletto users; should I be one?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The tridents sound the best. But you have to open them up. They are more dynamic and have the biggest bottom. Just like the triple recs. The tridents have a 150watt/50watt switch on each ch.

I can't seem to get the Stiletto bug out... I either need to get to a shop with one or just get one!
Not sure what the huge differences are between them all though other than wattage settings... Trident I don't think I'd ever use 150 watts... probably use 50 watts like I use my Roadster. Any further thoughts?

I went with the Deuce because you (I) can more effectively match the clean volume with the dirty volume. I personally dont know anyone who honestly needs 150 watts. I know people with both Triples and Tri's, but they NEVER use all that power. Besides, I always mic my cab anyway, so I play a reasonable stage volume.
I now play with a G-Flex 212 and it is ported- moves a lot of air and has serious bottom end.

Wish I had some cash, there is an Orange Bronco one on ebay for $1150, well an Ace anyways

The guy at a store told me that for High gain, open chords and such like black metal the Mark V was the best.
Recto is not my taste for my music.
The stiletto is more british (I thought, maybe not my taste also and didn't even look at it) since it is EL34...
Then i saw an interview where Satyricon say they use the stiletto, and for me, that is the pinacle of high gain guitar tone! at least their latest albums...
Is the Stiletto really that British? How does it compare to the MarkV???
I'm getting one of those next week... I'll try the stiletto (I already love the Mark)...

Rkorn said:
The guy at a store told me that for High gain, open chords and such like black metal the Mark V was the best.
Recto is not my taste for my music.
The stiletto is more british (I thought, maybe not my taste also and didn't even look at it) since it is EL34...
Then i saw an interview where Satyricon say they use the stiletto, and for me, that is the pinacle of high gain guitar tone! at least their latest albums...
Is the Stiletto really that British? How does it compare to the MarkV???
I'm getting one of those next week... I'll try the stiletto (I already love the Mark)...
They are more Brit sounding than a recto but thats as far as Id go with that comparison. Just get one. You cant walk up to one and expect to get a good sound out of one. You have to spend some time with them. Theyre awesome. Just get one. I miss mine terribly

I'd say if you're into EL34s at all, the Stiletto is a great choice. I've had Rectos, Soldanos, Oranges, Marshalls, etc. and I can't seem to think of an amp to replace the Stiletto. I think the ultimate rig would be a Stiletto Deuce II and a 2-channel Dual Rectifier in stereo. Although I liked all of the aforementioned amps, I just think the Stiletto delivers all the things that the others were lacking--killer cleans, versatility, the half power switches are very nice AND the boost is very usable. Just a great amp. I do suggest a cabinet with some sort of Greenback-style speaker (WGS Green Beret, etc.) It really does wonders for the "treble" problem. Which isn't really a problem, IMO. Try one. I think you'll like it.

Back