Stiletto switching problem (need technical help)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wannabweiland

Reaction score
Here's the bottom line: My Stiletto is being picky on when it wants to switch channels. When I first turn it on, there's no way in hell it will switch to channel two, but the SOLO function still works. Give it 5 minutes and it switches decently.

I was thinking it's a tube issue, but there was one other instance where I was on stage half-way through a set, head all warmed up, and it wouldn't switch. Had to jiggle the Footswitch input on the front panel a little, then it fired up again.

Any suggestions?

I tried multiple stereo cables. I was sure that was the issue, but the same thing happens with each cable.

The switch on the front of the amp switches channels no problem.

When the stereo plug is plugged in for the footswitch, do the panel switches still work? You will probably have to get inside and clean or re-tension the jack. Some cases you will have to re-solder the connections to the jack or even replace them.

The footswitch and amp are literally not 8 months old. That's why I was kind of alarmed... well not was, am.

I think I'm just gonna have to take it to a Mesa tech and have him look into it. I thought it might've been some valve-footswitch oriented problem that a new tube would fix, but I guess best thing is to have it looked into.

Back