Stiletto Owners!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConvexStone

Reaction score
I had a few questions about the tones... can it do smooth modern sounding leads? can you describe how the amp sounds like? Is it dry? Saturated? Organic? Metallic? :?: :!:

Thanks In Advance!!!

Wow! That's heavy... :twisted:

D'you think I could achieve Satriani like tones with it??

I might be getting one soon, I've been looking for a amp for smooth high gain leads and low british gain... I have a Dual Rectifier, which I like better as a rhythm amp...
What do you guys think???

ConvexStone said:
Wow! That's heavy... :twisted:

D'you think I could achieve Satriani like tones with it??

I might be getting one soon, I've been looking for a amp for smooth high gain leads and low british gain... I have a Dual Rectifier, which I like better as a rhythm amp...
What do you guys think???

smooth high gain leads, check
low brit gain, check

the stiletto does both great. which version u looking at getting?

Stiletto Ace (Head), I don't think I need more than 50 watts. I'm thinking of having my recto (2ch) setup for orange clean/ Red Modern HG Rhythm and the Ace for low gain crunch/Modern HG lead running through the same cab in stereo.
I heard this dood at the music store playing it an it sounded awesome, but when i tried it, I guess I didn't mess with it enough.

ConvexStone said:
Stiletto Ace (Head), I don't think I need more than 50 watts. I'm thinking of having my recto (2ch) setup for orange clean/ Red Modern HG Rhythm and the Ace for low gain crunch/Modern HG lead running through the same cab in stereo.
I heard this dood at the music store playing it an it sounded awesome, but when i tried it, I guess I didn't mess with it enough.

very nice. I have a ace head too. kickass amp, my favorite amp so far. I play it with a Splawn 4x12 cab with Greenbacks.

If you want good low gain brit tones, the Greenbacks really will take you into that territory moreso than v30s

damm though, having a recto and a stiletto running into a cab in stereo sounds like such a damm good idea. i bet it'll be great

i guess the sweet sounds are actually the strength of this amp - a lot of smooth and saturated whispers to full bottomed high and low gain tones are available.

just do not dare to put all knobs to ten - thats the way to play marshall.

play with the midth and bass section. for me its more than enough, take a look to the left of this message ;-)

dean69 said:
i guess the sweet sounds are actually the strength of this amp - a lot of smooth and saturated whispers to full bottomed high and low gain tones are available.

just do not dare to put all knobs to ten - thats the way to play marshall.

play with the midth and bass section. for me its more than enough, take a look to the left of this message ;-)

crazy! you run them both at the same time?? do u have them both EQed differently too?

yes mostly - but if there is not enough gain i combine the two preamps.

i use the setup for recording, the amps are just to say "very fine stuff"
wasn't disappointed with the sounds available by now. though the internal fan is a bit too noisy.

someone asked here for recording amps, for me the Ace is definetely the one.

live i use them both by running just one preamp, mastering the effects and stereo back into the main amps. thats ok, loud enough anyway ;-)

listen to it - but when you crank 'em you are lost and you will pay the bill for it

enjoy!

dean69 said:

wasn't disappointed with the sounds available by now. though the internal fan is a bit too noisy.

live i use them both by running just one preamp, mastering the effects and stereo back into the main amps. thats ok, loud enough anyway ;-)

listen to it - but when you crank 'em you are lost and you will pay the bill for it

enjoy!

there is a fan in the Ace combos? i have an Ace head and it doesnt have a fan. it sure heats up at rehearsals, but never too hot.

edit- guess it makes sense given that combos are upside down heads so the heat will rise into the amp

http://www.myspace.com/fritzotto

The Song Holy War I am using a Stiletto Trident series 1 on that with 2 tung sol's in v1 and v2. and JJ ecc83's in the rest of the preamp and JJ E34L's in the power section. No Mods..... Just re-tubed it.

The Leads are done on my Rectifier.

I LOVE the Trident myself.....

inkwachemis said:
dean69 said:

enjoy!

there is a fan in the Ace combos? i have an Ace head and it doesnt have a fan. it sure heats up at rehearsals, but never too hot.

edit- guess it makes sense given that combos are upside down heads so the heat will rise into the amp

There is no fan in the Ace or Deuce . Only in the Trident .

My 'O6 Ace 1x12 combo has a dinky little fan dead center just behind the power tubes.

Latest posts

Back