Stiletto Owners....Got a question for you

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale B.

Reaction score
What type of EL34's did Mesa ship in your amps? Were they the STR-442's or were they the STR-447's?

Thanks,

Dale

More importantly...Stiletto owners...can you tell me what model you have (Duece or Trident) and give me a review of the amp in terms of it's clean sounds and ability to produce a tight, defined heavy rhythm tone?

Update:
Mine came with the STR-447's. It's a Deuce head.

SilverWulf,
The cleans are very good. To me atleast. I also thought that the clean tone in a Dual Rec was great also, while some think it sucks. For me it's great though. Even though there is no reverb, it really seems like there is with this amp. The clean and crunch modes on the 1st channel are very shimmering. Don't think I'll really really need a reverb pedal with this amp.

As for tight defined heavy rhythm, I don't play hard metal, so I'm not too sure. But the dirty channel and it's modes are very nice and have a lot of clarity also. You can get a good hard rock tone for sure. Also, with the different power select settings, and rectifier choice for each channel, you can get a wide array of tones.

Clean sounds are some of the best mesa's had in the last 10 years. Tough to call it the best...so im not going to go there...but i full heartingly beleive you will not be dissapointed with it.

Back