Stiletto Owners....Chime in!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
**** it

A friend of mine at the local mesa dealer tricked me into taking the trident home for a spin and to compare it with the recto. As much as I love the recto I think I'll be trading it in for a stiletto tomorrow. It's just an instant gratification on both channels in each mode. This is the sound I've been hearing in my head for years. I'm playing the trident trough a 2x12 recto cab and boy does it roar.

I wish I could keep 'em both but I'm forced to choose between them and I'm betting the stiletto will be the winner.

I too have dumped my Rectifier for Stiletto. Talk about a different amp. That Trident must sound brutal (in a good way).

Yeah it sounds brutally sweet :lol:

But I think the deuce and trident are pretty similar tone vise it's just these extra 50 watts in the trident when you need superior firepower.

I'd be just as happy getting a deuce.

simonich said:
How are the cleans on the Stilettos?

They are very, very good. Imho they are not classic combo Fender amp good... but as good as you can expect from an EL34 amp.

versatile cleans on the Stiletto, much moreso than Rectifier. Fat Clean is very fat, very bassy. Fattest & darkest setting on the amp by far. If you crank the gain you can get a slight clip off of it (I like using this with an Xotic AC to get a fat crunch too). Tite clean goes polar opposite - light and airy with little bass and doesn't take over the mix. Then you can always throttle down your guitar volume on the crunch setting for something completely different. Incredibly versatile.

Latest posts

Back