Stiletto Deuce replacement cabinet

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgcable

Reaction score
Just curious. I am getting my Deuce back tomorrow. Engineered Sounds repaired it and did the Hollywood mod to it. UPS damaged the cabinet. It split at the bottom seem. It was clamped and glued and is as structurally strong as ever but the covering is ripped where the split was.
Marcus at Mesa told me they will only sell a replacement cabinet to an authorized repair facility.
I mentioned that I have been playing live for over 30 years and I have owned a fair amoun of Mesa gear.
I have owned:
Single Rectifier
Triple Rectifier
Tremoverb
a few Studio .22's
Mark III
Nomad 45
Mesa Quad
Mesa 1/2 back cab

I currently own:
1st run Dual Rectifier
Stiletto Deuce
3/4 back cabinet

I thought maybe I could get a little slack cut if I proved I am a Mesa supporter for many years now. It didn't work!!
Any ideas on where I could get a replacement cabinet for my Stiletto??
Mesa wants $300.00 for it. I thought that was rather steep.
I'll post a complete review of my Stiletto Duece with the Hollywood Mod when it arrives tomorrow.

Did you have insurance on the cab when it was shipped? If UPS damaged it and you insured it they should actually replace the cab with a new one-- :wink:

Micah said:
Did you have insurance on the cab when it was shipped? If UPS damaged it and you insured it they should actually replace the cab with a new one-- :wink:
I would definitely look into who delivered your package see what insurance you have on the package.

UPS is notorious of having damage package. Its not necessarily who delivers your package but during the loading process onto the truck or van. Sometimes they hire college students or jobless souls who is willing to load package in the wee hours of the morning.

Do you think these so-called "UPS employees" care what happens to these packages? Just ranting ... I'm sure everyone has their nightmare with UPS.

Let me know how you like the HW mod. As far as I know, I'm the only member to have had it done to their Stiletto. You're going to love it. I thought they were only doing the Fluid Drive Mod now? Are you sure it's the HW mod? Exactly what did they do?

jackieTHEjokeman said:
Let me know how you like the HW mod. As far as I know, I'm the only member to have had it done to their Stiletto. You're going to love it. I thought they were only doing the Fluid Drive Mod now? Are you sure it's the HW mod? Exactly what did they do?

I don't know exactly what Dave Sarge did but he called it the Hollywood Mod. It affects 2 modes of the Stiletto. He said it was a pretty extensive mod and takes a few hours to do. He also mentioned that the only mod Mesa will do is the Fluid Drive mod. It was pretty expensive but based on your reviews.. and yours only... I went for it. Based on what Dave told me it sound be exactly what I am looking for.

Regarding the UPS claim. They denied it at first but I got it overturned. They are going to pay for a new cabinet. I just need to be able to purchase one!!

Sweet. You're going to love it. You'll get early VH in TITE GAIN and Slash/Metallica in the FLUID DRIVE. I'd think about changing the tubes to either JJ's hi-gain or Groove Tubes Marshall hi-gain. I have the jj's in them and they sound real good. I will experiment with the groove tubes later. Maybe I'll ask the wifey to get them for me for xmas.

I have a ton of tubes laying around so I will do a little experimenting down the road.

Latest posts

Back