Stiletto Deuce II vs. Roadster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradg

Reaction score
Which of these amps do you guys like for heavier music? Which has the better cleans and lead tone? How do the high gain tones compare on the two? Thanks in advance.

Heavier is a wide description so in that I will say that both amplifiers are great tools. The Stiletto is a El34 based more geared towards classic rock , classic metal, as well as hard rock tones, think ( Rhoades, Lynch, Van Halen,) which it does in spades. It will also venture into a little more of a modern sound but not with all the low end.
The Roadster will cover alot of ground because that's it's nature, 4 channels of 6l6 tone. Great cleans and thick heavy smooth gain. I like both amplifiers and am heavily considering adding a Roadster head to my Rig to compliment my Stiletto. The roadster is one heck of a amplifier with lots of knobs to tweak.

The roadster is the best! hands down! i played other amps and i love the gain on roadster. imo its the gain is great for any styles of music. But if you have the cash do what i did and get the Road King!

bradg said:
Which of these amps do you guys like for heavier music? Which has the better cleans and lead tone? How do the high gain tones compare on the two? Thanks in advance.

well what types of tones are you after. they're pretty different from each other IMO and depending on what your after would determine what might be a better fit.

IMO it's more of a 6L6 vs. EL34 issue. They're both Mesas.

You'll need to go try them out.

I'm into Metallica, Machine Head, Lamb of God type of heaviness I guess. I already have a Mark IV and love it to death and I'm just looking for something else with a SLIGHTLY different vibe that can hang with the Mark. I kind of regret selling a Diezel VH4 I had and since then the Splawn Nitro, Marshall JVM, 2203KK and 5150III heads haven't made the cut. I wanted to look into the Roadster and Stiletto before I just broke down and bought another VH4 but my local dealer doesn't have any Roadsters for at least 60-90 days. :roll:

bradg said:
I'm into Metallica, Machine Head, Lamb of God type of heaviness I guess. I already have a Mark IV and love it to death and I'm just looking for something else with a SLIGHTLY different vibe that can hang with the Mark. I kind of regret selling a Diezel VH4 I had and since then the Splawn Nitro, Marshall JVM, 2203KK and 5150III heads haven't made the cut. I wanted to look into the Roadster and Stiletto before I just broke down and bought another VH4 but my local dealer doesn't have any Roadsters for at least 60-90 days. :roll:

definitely look into the stiletto. it wont sound like the VH4 but most of those amps mentioned are el34 based and i think the stiletto is more in the vein of the vh4 than is the roadster. i will say i like the roadsters cleans a little better but both are killer amps. theyre both different and both are great but based on what your describing the stiletto sounds like its the better fit.

Latest posts

Back