Stiletto Deuce Clips Plz?!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcalabro

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am looking to buy a Stiletto Deuce head. Unfortunately, i have been unable to hear it besides the clips on here and bands that i know that use it. All the clips posted on the forums here sound a bit 80's/Vintage. Is the head capable of modern rock/metal sounds or is it merely that Overdrive i continually hear? I love the clean tones this amp pumps out, although i also need something a bit heavier. So, i was just wondering if anyone has any clips of a stiletto pushing out heavy tones i would love to hear them!
Thanks!!

I have a Stiletto Trident and a 3 Ch. Dual Recto. There is no compairison in distortion values. The Recto is,well,a Recto. Pure ,mean compressed metal overdrive(and alot in between too,,hence the 3 modes in the 2 lead channels Raw,Vintage, Modern).
The Stiletto is a different animal . Spot on AC/DC, Zepplin ,Dio vibe,and yes,the clean channel chimes smooth and alive. I put a Fulltone OCD pedal in front of mine and it helps to get some snarl out of it but, still isnt as in your face as the Recto...and never will be.
I cant see the Deuce as a metal head,but,cranked,it shines well,doesnt fart out on the bottom end and sports great clarity.
Hell,buy a Recto and throw some EL34's in it if thats the tone your after.
Let us know how you make out and I hope others give you opinions on your question too...lot of good guys in here.
Peace

thank you so much for your reply. i was actually going between the dual 3 chan recto or the stiletto deuce... so you helped me make up my mind! i really do appreciate it.
i do need that hard metal sound as well as a nice clean. hopefully i will be able to achieve this with the Recto, but as you pointed out modding should do the trick. i will let you know how it turns out! hopefully i will be able to record after im done and get some clips up.
thanks again mate

Latest posts

Back