Stiletto Clip

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vigo1999

Reaction score
allright guys! this is my very first attempt to rec something with Sonar software . . .

lemme know what you think. :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=688649

of course you would need to login to update his account... :roll:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=688649

dude, thats a sick tone you got there!!!
what are the setting that you are using?
and what tubes do you have in there?
please share!! :D :D

Really cool tone mate! :wink:
Can you tell me one thing, which mike did you use and how far was it from the speaker? I'm asking cause there's too much room in the clip, it sounds cool for an amp demo and you can hear that the amp sounds awesome but for a "recording" you should close mike it. If it's a dynamic mic (like an SM57), put the mic no more than 1 inch from the speaker and play with the angles and direction of the mic...

I hope this doesn't sound too harsh or something, I'm just trying to help you :wink:

Mrmot said:
Really cool tone mate! :wink:
Can you tell me one thing, which mike did you use and how far was it from the speaker? I'm asking cause there's too much room in the clip, it sounds cool for an amp demo and you can hear that the amp sounds awesome but for a "recording" you should close mike it. If it's a dynamic mic (like an SM57), put the mic no more than 1 inch from the speaker and play with the angles and direction of the mic...

I hope this doesn't sound too harsh or something, I'm just trying to help you :wink:

absolutely not my former HC fella from Croatia!!! just cool! 8)

It was a Behringer XM8500 mic. off axis 45º, about 4 cm away from the cone (actually i bought this one yesterday . . .)

and yes, no effects 8)

abecon5 said:

wow, thanks bro!!!! :D

of course, here it goes: (o'clock settings)

Master: 11
Presence: 10:30
Bass: noon
Mid: 1
Treble: 10
Gain: 2:30

Mode: Tite Gain
Bold
100W
Silicon Diode Rectification

Cab: Mesa 1x12" Open Back with EV200W

Gtr: Gibson LP Custom

just it 8)

Hi Vigo, except for some boomy basses your tone is really great!

Sorry for the wines but I hadn't so much time to think about it! however you can't go wrong with a good Chianti from Tuscany. In Trentino, where I live, the tipical wine is the Teroldego, which is a quite strong wine. But, however, there are different qualities even talking about the same wine, so you can find a disgusting Chianti or a wonderful unknow wine as well... Bye! Keep on recording!

ytse_jam said:
Hi Vigo, except for some boomy basses your tone is really great!

Sorry for the wines but I hadn't so much time to think about it! however you can't go wrong with a good Chianti from Tuscany. In Trentino, where I live, the tipical wine is the Teroldego, which is a quite strong wine. But, however, there are different qualities even talking about the same wine, so you can find a disgusting Chianti or a wonderful unknow wine as well... Bye! Keep on recording!

thanks my fratello !! :D

and yes, ive lowered the bass a tad, i notice some boominess also when i heard it again :cry:

cool, gonna take note of that wines, gonna ask my father to bring me some of'em (he's flying to Europe today at night and he's heading to Italy next week. thanks a lot! 8) :D

Elpelotero said:
wow these amps are very bright in nature, even with treble at 10. may be the EV speaker though...nice tones man.

yeah, on the lead channel they tend to be bright, but im having some trouble getting a sparkling clean sound out of her :?

and thanks for the compliments! :D

best way to get a good clean out of the stiletto is to flip to the neck pickup. roll down the volume knob until its as clean as you want it to be. then just flip pickups to switch between clean and gain. you'll notice that the clean will be full, round, warm, and if you pick hard, it'll start to break. its absolutely beautiful the way it works out. remember, even though the stiletto has 6 modes and two channels, its designed like an old marshall. so treat it as such (one channel) I used to run fat clean. dime the master, and just roll back the volume for clean with my old deuce I

Schmoog said:
best way to get a good clean out of the stiletto is to flip to the neck pickup. roll down the volume knob until its as clean as you want it to be. then just flip pickups to switch between clean and gain. you'll notice that the clean will be full, round, warm, and if you pick hard, it'll start to break. its absolutely beautiful the way it works out. remember, even though the stiletto has 6 modes and two channels, its designed like an old marshall. so treat it as such (one channel) I used to run fat clean. dime the master, and just roll back the volume for clean with my old deuce I

cool, gonna try that later at home 8)

but seems that you cant really get some sparking clean tones out of it?? i mean, i do like some fat cleans for some rhythms, but also like some bright clean arpeggiated tones (you know, those ringing bell like tones) and im not getting that with the Stiletto . . . :(

use a volume pedal, and just do the same thing with the bridge pickup. it'll get real spanky. you can also get that sound out of tite clean with basically everything at 12:00 and adjusting the gain and the mid to taste, but the stage I doesnt have a whole lot of preamp gain. its really designed like an old marshall, and to get that real nice gain sound, you gotta overdrive the power tubes (like an old marshall) so its hard to get the overdriven power tube distortion and a sparkling clean at the same time and volume. one thing that does help if you absolutely must footswitch: run the channel 2 at 50 watts, and the clean channel at 100. but even at 100 the power tubes start to break up relatively early with the stiletto. thats why when I had one, I used the stiletto for dirty, and either flipped pickups, or footswitched to an F50 (on which the clean channel only starts to break at like, extreme volumes) for clean

that having been said. consider picking up an F50. they have the best cleans I have ever heard. yes, better than fender, they STAY clean until like 3:00 on the master, and they're cheap. you can find a used f50 for like 600-700 bucks. though an f50 head is hard to find. I had one, and besides that one I think i've only seen like 3

Latest posts

Back