Stiletto - Channel one louder?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I've noticed it, and don't use it on Ch. 1. That aspect is perplexing.

That is because of the voicing of the presence control and the less compressive nature of the clean channel. There is less available gain on the clean channel also.

exactly. channel one isn't so much louder as it is peakier (aka more natural / less compressed - choose your adjective) than channel two. this is a design choice I'd bet and one I agree with.

-P

rippingrudy said:
Anyone notice that if you use the crunch voicing on both channels that channel one is way louder with the same settings?

You are talking about Stiletto Series 1. This is not an issue with Stage II.

FPFL said:
exactly. channel one isn't so much louder as it is peakier (aka more natural / less compressed - choose your adjective) than channel two. this is a design choice I'd bet and one I agree with.

-P

I'm not sure if i can agree with that. Stiletto channel 1 crunch will annihilate (read loud as hell) any mode on channel 2 :shock: despite 2 being heavier gain etc etc. having said that i always thought that blue crunch was a beautiful mode...great sound etc ... you just can't match it with anything on channel 2 :? by comparison red crunch sounds like the life has been compressed out of it

Barracuda said:
FPFL said:

-P

I'm not sure if i can agree with that. Stiletto channel 1 crunch will annihilate (read loud as hell) any mode on channel 2 :shock: despite 2 being heavier gain etc etc. having said that i always thought that blue crunch was a beautiful mode...great sound etc ... you just can't match it with anything on channel 2 :? by comparison red crunch sounds like the life has been compressed out of it

This is not the case with my Deuce series II. The red channel is louder in all modes. The volume level is the same when the channel master is at 1-2 o'clock on the blue (clean) channel and at 10 o'clock on the red channel. What I 've noticed is the crunch on the blue channel is punchier with more aggressive upper mids and highs where the red channel crunch is smoother.

I know. Stage II fixes this important imbalance. 8) Love it.

[/quote]

This is not the case with my Deuce series II. The red channel is louder in all modes. The volume level is the same when the channel master is at 1-2 o'clock on the blue (clean) channel and at 10 o'clock on the red channel. What I 've noticed is the crunch on the blue channel is punchier with more aggressive upper mids and highs where the red channel crunch is smoother.[/quote]

Back