Volume difference

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwinACStacks

Reaction score
On my stiletto Ace combo the clean channel has 3 voicings Fat, tite clean, and crunch the Crunch setting is quite a bit louder than the other two. Is this normal? Anyone have settings for a pristine clean?
Thanx is advance.

Yea, it appears to be the case. Both Fat & Tite Clean are about the same vol but Crunch takes a major jump, I believe switching to that voicing adds another preamp tube in the chain. You may also notice with Ch2 that the Tite Gain and Fluid Drive see increased vol over Crunch on that chan. The vol difference between Ch 1 and Ch2 is also a major one if either Fat & Tite Clean is used.

For live work a few approaches to better balance... using a vol pedal in the loop, clean boosting Ch1 or use Crunch with the gain way down.

AFA pristine clean settings IMHO alot depends on how hard the front end is hit. It's a real dynamic amp that respond well to pick attack and cleans up well with vol rolldown. Also alot depends on the speaker choice and pickups.

Thanx rarebit this is my first boogie and I'm just feeling my way around it.
IMG_1027.jpeg
IMG_1027.jpeg

Nice... like that tri-amp setup. There's alot of great info in the Stiletto forum, just poke around.

Welcome to Mesa land :)

This was pulled from the manual but I can vouch for these clean settings

1681430810599.png

Last edited:
Thanx again. I have basically those settings on the clean now. I downloaded the mesa owners manual online. It helps a lot. I have an Ernie ball volume pedal on the way. I am trying to avoid using the GC loop as I have read quite a few negative opinions on what it does to the overall tone. Is there a reverb pedal that can go in front of the amp without sounding like ***?

Well FWIW my experience with the FX loop has been pretty positive. I run a 4CM setup, typical delay, reverb, modulation effects and Mesa 5 Band GEQ in the loop. No noticeable tone suck if the signal levels are set properly. Have never run reverb before the preamp.

Back