Stiletto and the Blues . . . .

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enigma

Reaction score
Ch. 1 at 150 W (2x12 V30s) on Fat Clean with Keeley Mod Blues Driver + a dose of delay along w/ my LP and some sweeeeet blues tone!!! 8) Shimmering highs, smooth mids and billowing bottoms ~~~~

This amp, especially the Ch. 1 is so versatile. I've heard that Al Dimeola played with a Stiletto Trident.

I know it's for sale (to make room for RKII) heck if somebody doesn't buy it this weekend it's a keeper.

Nice! I recently started driving fat clean and tite clean with my Fulltone OCD with my LP and I've been getting some amazing results... roll back the gain a bit on the pedal and run an analog delay.. tone bliss.

And, Strats or single coil love the Fat channel! Doesn't the 50w break up faster in the Ace?

i bought the ace head after demoing it on my strat with kinman traditionals. the stilettos take the single coils so well. still maintains alot of gain and doesnt lose any character. ive never experienced alot of breakup, id say the volume would need to be right up. 50watts isn't 3 times less than 150w in terms of volume.

It's more like having more torque than having more horsepower, if that makes sense at all.

One thing with the Ace at least with the 1x12 was that the Fat Clean wasn't lush at all. I'd buy a 2x12 combo for the fat bottom.

im running two (2x12) cabinets so it really fills out. i dont think a single speaker does them justice.

I like the cleans on the 2x12 a lot better than the 1x12 I demoed it against, it has that awesome wallop with 2 speakers.

Fat Clean channel is great for jazz too. Or, fake jazz for me :lol:

Latest posts

Back