Stiletto and Pedals

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ned

Reaction score
I've got my pedal board exactly where I want it for a good range of distortion tones - mainly for that inbetween crunch sound.

How does the Stiletto react to pedals? The new Ace has got my GAS building.

Ned

Would you care to extrapolate, Bobby? I too could see myself with Stiletto Ace flatulence this year, and I have a disgustingly huge investment in pedals myself.

The pedals i have used are ts 808 reissue and ts 9 clone (blues devil). I find that the ts 808 sounds killer to contrast the brightness of the amp. The ts 9 becomes really really bitting like a overdriven plexi. The eq i have also really gives control over the amp. There has been some previous talk about fx loops pedals compressing the amp....Im sure the amp will sound better with pedals once i recieve my jj tubes. Ive only changed one preamp tube with one jj kicken around and it was a hugh difference...but it was the first preamp....so has most influence. Im hoping the rest i get and power section will tighten up the stiletto and calm the ice pick highs...once thats done the amp will be in fine form. Ive yet to use a pedal that sounds bad.

Back