Stiletto Ace channel mode switching via footwitch possible ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slate

Reaction score
hey y'all ,
i'm new to the board and indeed the wonderful world of Mesa !
i just demo'd the stiletto ace head this week ( against the new marshall JVM410 head ) , and almost brought the mesa . it has some truly wonderful sounds in there .
however , one thing stopped me ...

if i could have footswitched the channel modes ( example : from tite gain to fluid drive ) i wouldve definitely had it .

does anybody know if it is possible to mod the amp to make this work ?

thanks in advance ,
slate

slate said:
hey y'all ,
i just demo'd the stiletto ace head this week ( against the new marshall JVM410 head ) , and almost brought the mesa . it has some truly wonderful sounds in there .

if i could have footswitched the channel modes ( example : from tite gain to fluid drive ) i wouldve definitely had it .

thanks in advance ,
slate

Its not possible . This idea has been brought on the forum many times .

slate said:
hey y'all ,

thanks in advance ,
slate

I find when switching these pre-amp modes I really needed to tweak the EQ, Gain and Channel masters to fine tune the sounds. Without another row of knobs per mode, footswitching between them really wouldn't work out all that great live. I have not played the JVM, but I understand all the modes are foot-switchable. The JVM modes may just be EQ filters. With the Mesa's the modes actually switch around the circuits and gain structures.

Ask yourself this - Do you really need a 12 "channel" amp??

Dom

Its not possible . This idea has been brought on the forum many times .[/quote]

why isnt it possible ?
its just a switch right ?

Randall addressed this question in an interview I read, he said it wouldn't be possible without sacrificing tone.

Well, the switching is not simply an on/off type of thing, like a channel switch or reverb switch.

As far as the eq settings are concerned, I could go from Tite Gain to Fluid and be happy with the same settings. But, I'm probably in the minority on that one.

slate said:
hey y'all ,

thanks in advance ,
slate

I never tried the new marshall JVM yet, but i hear great things about it. how would u compare it to the Ace? which did u like better?

Back