stiletto ace and 80s rock... poison, crue,ratt, etc.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dadoffive

Reaction score
Looking for ideas... Right now running a prs cu24 no effects... Straight to amp though the 1x12 combo along with a 3/4 back 1x12 cabinet.

I'm trying to get a sound similar to a jcm800.

I've tried all the gain settings and just can't seem to dial it in. Any help is appreciated.

Hi,

I'm using my deuce with my marshall and I'm able to find a setting so the both amps match.
http://www.myspace.com/rebelyellmusic

I don't have my amp at home, but is you look in the rigs and sounds section and search for stiletto
you'll find my setting i'm using. I think it's called stiletto rythm sound.

Greets
Dag

dag said:
Hi,

I'm using my deuce with my marshall and I'm able to find a setting so the both amps match.

I don't have my amp at home, but is you look in the rigs and sounds section and search for stiletto

Greets
Dag

Hey Dag!! :D

GREAT stuff man!! really dig it. cool to see a band that the gtrs actually sound like gtrs, not bass-pretender 8) true hard rock, raw power. nice songwriting and playing.

how can i buy a CD?? i want one. 8)

cheers from the heat down under

Vigo1999 said:
dag said:
Hi,

Greets
Dag

Hey Dag!! :D

GREAT stuff man!! really dig it. cool to see a band that the gtrs actually sound like gtrs, not bass-pretender 8) true hard rock, raw power. nice songwriting and playing.

how can i buy a CD?? i want one. 8)

cheers from the heat down under

Me too!
I listened to the whole thing this morning. To my thinking, that's how a rock band should sound 8)
The Deuce sounded great too!

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the nice comments!
Did you find my settings? let me know if not so.
I'll write them down and post them here.

The band really got it's inspiration with bands like Aerosmith and Guns 'n Roses.
We really went for a tone that sounded like the bands of that time, with a modern touch ofcourse.

I've you want a CD, just mail me [email protected]
I'll figger out a way to send it your way!

Dag

dadoffive said:
Looking for ideas... Right now running a prs cu24 no effects... Straight to amp though the 1x12 combo along with a 3/4 back 1x12 cabinet.

I'm trying to get a sound similar to a jcm800.

I've tried all the gain settings and just can't seem to dial it in. Any help is appreciated.

I run my Red channel on tight gain, gain at about noon here or there depending on how I am feeling but never more than 2 oclock. It tends to muddy up the pickups after that. treble at 8:30 mid at 9:30 and bass around 2. Presence is set to about 10. It all sounds great right about there. Depending on your cabinets that is. I am using Stiletto 2X12 Cab.

Let me add my two cents as well.

Dag, that sounded great! I loved all the tunes and just really loved your rythym's. Very catchy and totally kicked ***!

Why the %$# don't more people play music like that anymore??

Half the time when I'm on some guitar forum and click on somebody's myspace I get some dropped tune mash of fast power chords followed by "vocals" of some dude sounding like he is choking to death.

Not to long ago on this site I clicked on some guys link and the intro to the song was some guy taking a leak.

Am I just getting old?

Nice to click on someone's link and do a double take at the surprise of how good it sounded.

Great job!

dag said:
Hi,

Greets
Dag

Great band. Interesting sound, elements of Buckcherry and the singer slightly reminds me of Bowie during his more rock days. You guys could hit the big time with the right radio song. Thankfully radio songs are not only ballads anymore. Just need your "All Lit Up" type single and then start counting money/women/fast cars/endorsements :lol: :lol:

Dag, I didn't see any settings listed. If you can post them, I would be most appreciative.

Last night at rehearsal, my band mate tested out my amp and at first plug in, he had a "great" 80's tone. He has a Gibson Explorer, everything stock.

The only difference in his set up and mine, his bridge pup as almost ontop of the strings, where as my bridge pickup (PRS CU24), is well off of the strings. For reference (I don't have a feeler guage at this moment), the bridge pup barely "extends" beyond my pup ring (the neck pup is even with the pup ring).

Could the pickup height make that much difference?

Hi,

Well here is what i dialed in in the studio:

Stiletto series 1: My tubes broke down after a couple of months so i had to retube it.
There is this ampguru in my town who took a look at it and adviced me
the electroharmonix tubes. I wanted to go with JJ's, but took his advice anyway.
It gives the amp a little more vintage sound and less piercing highs.
Not such a big differene with the mesa stocktubes.

Bold and diodes settings on the red channel.
Tite gain
100 Watt

Master: 1 o'clock
Presence: 9.30
Bass: 10 o'clock (depents a little on the guitar)
Mids: 12 o'clock
Treble: 11.30
Gain: 1 - 2 o'clock

I didn't use the output to record. Live it's round 11 - 12 most of the time.

Plugged in with a '74 Les paul custom (classic 57 in the bridge) for all the rythms (used a tele '68 reissue on one song)
All the solo's are played with a Les paul standard 2004 or somewhere around that time. I like low settings on my guitars, but i've played it with a lot of guitars. A 200 dollar Ibanez to a 5000 dollar PRS Modern Eagle (not mine, but wow what a guitar), ok there is a difference but it's possible to dial in a great sound with every one of them.

This amp still blows my mind every day. Roll the volume on your guitar down and your in clean heaven! I Really like it when you have a little edge to it.

I find a lot of ideas in the old-school stuff and yes a band like buckcherry is super fine! Saw them here in Belgium a couple of months ago, i was really impressed.

Thanks for all the intrest guys!
I'v you got some other questions just ask.

Rock on
Dag

Latest posts

Back