stereo Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My name is Dimos and i own a MB Marv IV, G major TC, Fcb 1010 Midi Controller a Marshall 2x12 1992 cab and an ibanez Prestige.

Is there any equipment i can buy to make my Mark IV sound stereo so i can use the pan settings of the g major's delay?

hi Dimos. i suppose you're using your G major in the fx loop, right? since the MarkIV has got a mono poweramp, you should buy an external poweramp (running it in mono). The fx loop of your MarkIV should have a single SEND but two RETURNs (i don't know if it happens only in the B version): the right one takes its incoming signal and sends it to the markIV's poweramp, the left one sends its signal to the satellite output, and it's here where you must connect your poweramp! then you must check if your cab handles stereo operation.

You just need an additional amp to compliment your setup. (as long as your Mark IV is a B not an A)
I use my Mesa DC-5 instead of the suggested Mesa Satellite 60 amp.

mesastereo.jpg

If you are trying to use the 2x12 for a stereo cab, unfortunately the Mark IV speaker outs are only mono. You would have to disconnect the combo speaker (if your Mark IV is a combo). Run a speaker cable from the Mark IV out to one side of the 2x12. Then, on the other (future purchase) amp do the same to the other side of the 2x12. This is assuming that the 2x12 left and right channels are total separate.

I get the stereo effect with 2 combos. The Mark IV and the DC-5.

Hope this helps your Mesa stereo quest.

How do i know if my boogie is type A or B? The only thing i know is that it has an electrovoice 1x12 and in the back there are two effects loop, one normal and one switcable and a switch that you can choose one or the other, not the 2 of them at the same time (i think). Which power amp would you suggest?

DIMOSSTATHOULIS said:
How do i know if my boogie is type A or B? The only thing i know is that it has an electrovoice 1x12 and in the back there are two effects loop, one normal and one switcable and a switch that you can choose one or the other, not the 2 of them at the same time (i think). Which power amp would you suggest?

Check this thread out to answer that.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=8486&highlight=difference+mark

This one too.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=5987

DIMOSSTATHOULIS said:

That sounds like an A to me

Back