Stepdown for Mk II / III (UK / AUS)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zebpedersen

Reaction score
The market in the UK is pretty dry and looking for amps with X transformers is too limiting, so I'm looking at a couple of 80s USA (110/117v) Mark series amps which potentially could be shipped over here. This means I'll have to get a step-down tranny, about which I have two questions:

a) Does anyone have any recommendations for a particularly good / reliable brand? I'm going to get a 500W unit (in excess of the 200W on the back of a Mark II…but being conservative with 120V * 4A).

b) Does anyone know if such a device exists as a rackmount unit? I've got a 1U Furman power conditioner which is great; it's surprising to me that a similar sized unit isn't available, given the frequency with which working musicians are likely to travel.

Cheers!

zebpedersen said:
The market in the UK is pretty dry and looking for amps with X transformers is too limiting, so I'm looking at a couple of 80s USA (110/117v) Mark series amps which potentially could be shipped over here. This means I'll have to get a step-down tranny, about which I have two questions:

a) Does anyone have any recommendations for a particularly good / reliable brand? I'm going to get a 500W unit (in excess of the 200W on the back of a Mark II…but being conservative with 120V * 4A).

b) Does anyone know if such a device exists as a rackmount unit? I've got a 1U Furman power conditioner which is great; it's surprising to me that a similar sized unit isn't available, given the frequency with which working musicians are likely to travel.

Cheers!

Don't know the specs but Tripp Lite makes a couple of rack mountable step down transformers.
Not sure if Tripp Lite is a decent brand but their name is familiar/ been a round awhile.

Latest posts

Back