Standard Recto 4x12 cab???????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoadKinger483

Reaction score
Whats up guys? I was able to score a MINT CONDITION 4x12 Rectifier cab today for $499. I love my 2x12 recto cab but I couldn't pass up the oportunity and the PRICE!!!!!! They told me at the store it was a traditional cab, which is what I was looking for. All the while I was driving home with it I couldn't help but think it looked a little large. When I got home I measured the dimensions and I was right. It was larger than a traditional cab, so what I got was a standadrd cab. I was wondering though, do these cabs get pretty good punch response???? How does it compare to the traditional cabs???? I'd like to hear some user comments instead of reading what the website has to say. Thanks

Fire that RK up with the 4x12 on top of your 2 x12 and stand back. You then tell us how much punch it has. Congratulations my friend you know have a Royale with Cheese, 3/4 stack.

my standard 4x12 gets a bit woofy in the lower frequences sometimes, and it sounds kinda distant at lower volumes. I've never tried the traditional

The standard cab is looser and deeper in the low frequencies to give you big chunk. The traditional cab projects less bass and more mids, so it is tighter.

I went from a standard sized Laney 4x12 to an Oversized Mesa 4x12 (Standard) and it was a HUUUGE noticeable difference.

I got mine for $1650 with my DR Head (both in amazing condition) so you definitely got a good deal. Enjoy!

I cranked up the amp yesterday with the new cab and my first impressions are; this cab was way more mids than my 2x12 use to have. The punch is not as dominant either. The cab has got lowend but not the kind that hits you in the gut. Maybe I need to tweak the amp some more to find the sweet spots. If you guys have any setting suggestions I would really like to hear them. Also, could the punch issue be that i have the cab on the casters and not the floor???

Latest posts

Back