SQUEELING AND FEEDBACK!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
beaurawls said:
The self feedback or squealing with no input is common in early Boogies. This I confirmed with Mike B. yeserday. Normally the onset of this is at high ie. 5-9, settings. This can change drastically with different 12AX7's. Have high quality spares and experiment. The stereo footswitch jacks on the chassis can give symptoms similiar if they are oxidized. This is a common problem as they are old and seldom used.

thanks man, do you think the ISP pedal would fix that?

Nick_cor said:
phaboo said:
MusicManJP6 said:
I thought the Hush pedal KILLED my tone. I tried it with my XXX a while back and promptly returned it.

If the Hush killed your tone, you have the threshold set too high. You need to set it to where it JUST closes when you stop playing. Set it too high, and it'll roll off your treble.

If you're getting squeeling, that's your pickups feeding back at high frequencies. Either cut your gain (oh, NO!) or go to a different pickup. I went to EMG's, which are encased in epoxy so they're one block and heavier. My pickup feedback disappeared, and I like the tone much better.

Thanks for nothing .. i'm not changing my pickusp to no dirty EMGs and "i like the tone" of mine much better. t hanks for coming out.

Wow. Who peed in your corn flakes?

Hey HippKitty, I think it was you who said you felt the older SPax7's sounded like Tung Sol's so I dug out a set of the original issues I had from about 1987. Back then I changed my tubes every 3 to 4 months so these things are like brand new. Well what I'm getting at is THESE THINGS SOUND AWESOME. I'm not sure how they would compare to the new version which I beleive is a Chinese tube But I have 5 of these babies which makes me very happy. Thanks dude! :wink:

Back