SQUEEL HELP

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sistine35

Reaction score
I have a schecter C-1 classic and Im playing through a mesa dual rectifier 3 channel. Everytime I turn my volume knob up on my guitar all the way it produces a high pitch squeel that is awfull to listen to. Im tired of having to gate my amp bc it just takes so much life out of it. However I dont want to elminate feedback ENTIRELY. I like to have controlled feedback that contours to the key of the song.

If anyone has any help it would be very much appreciated!

Schecter c-1 classic with Jb in the bridge

Pickups? Amp settings? Tried new guitar cable? Isolated it to just guitar into amp?

We need more info :)

Are you standing right infront of the amp with the gain maxed and the volume cranked?

Microphonic items need to be eliminated in order to cut down on unwanted noise/feedback. Here is a small list of things that could be microphonic for you: cables, pickups, and tubes. Let's keep it simple and go with the guitar straight into the amp. Also, like Plat suggested it would be best if you posted your settings.

A simple test for the tubes is to turn the volume up on the amp like you normally do while playing and tap on the preamp tubes with a pencil or chopstick. You should hear a thud but if it rings out and starts feeding back then that tube is probably microphonic and should be moved to a different position or replaced. You can tap the power tubes too to see if they are microphonic.

Greg

Back