splitting a combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Dickenson

Reaction score
I have a 86 Mk III that I am looking at splitting into a head and a 1X12. have any of you out there done it. My neighbor is a custom furniture builder and said we could do it. The wicker screens bought through Mesa run about $150, so I'm going to make them myself. What are the proper dimensions for the screen on the head? I figure the screen on my combo is the same for the 1X12. I found a place in Seattle to get the Bubinga to make cabs and I will get the hardware through MB.
Thanks

Shouldn't be a problem. It'll definitely look sweet. I think Mesa will build you one, or there are several others that build custom cabinets on the web, but it sounds like you have someone to build it close to you. That would be my first choice.

Inside dimesions on my head are 7"H X 17 1/8W X 101/4 Deep

The front baffle/Wicker measures 17"W X 4 1/4"H

Good Luck!!!!

Thanks for the dimensions on the head grill, that'll help a lot. My friend says it'l cost about $100 bucks for the wood and we'll be in business

Let me know where you're hooking onto some wicker - i can't seem to find it anywhere and i am trying to rewicker my combo
thanks

Here's several styles.....click on the 2 and 3

http://www.new-foam.com/fabric2.asp

Latest posts

Back