Speakers....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erico317

Reaction score
Hey guys...

I have a few questions... What speakers are you guys using? and why? Has anyone tried the Eminence Texas Heat speakers? These are the same as in Krank's cabinets...

I'm thinking of changing the speakers in my cabinets and wanted some opinions.. Right now I'm running 2 4x12 cabinets... Top is a B-52(i know i know...) and the bottom is a Johnson Millinium. The Johnson has the green back celestians... The top is unkown...

I would love the EV speakers, but that's a bit much.... Then I thought about the Vintage 30's.... Now I'm reading about the Eminence....

Thanks,
Eric

I like the Bogners with the 2xv30s and 2x75s. However, I still think the C90s sound best with most Mesa amps...

I use old Eminence 30 watt alnico 12's . The current version is the Eminence Red Fang 12" .
(no flames for this one LOL) Celestions have always sounded to harsh in the upper mids to me, be they real green backs, reissues, or the more modern 75' or 80's all harsh...to me anyways.

I am using Vintage 30's in a 2x12 Rectifier cab and love it. Even if I get a different cab down the road I would stick with the 30's. I played a 2x12 cab with Eminence speakers in it. With my experience I didn't think it paired well with higher gain amps. I don't recall what model of Eminence the speakers were though so that could be part of it...

Back