Speakers?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sted

Reaction score
Hey guys,

proud owner of a Mark V combo here!

Very happy with all aspects of my amp so far, even tried some EL34's which were surprisingly very full and fat while still having a nice clean, great!
I'm thinking of adding a cab now for better projection in bigger venues, mesa do a Boogie branded 1x12 C90 extension cab which was obviously my first investigation, however it is a lot of money for a 1x12!
Ive had good result before from mixing speakers in cabs so Im intrigued what you guys thoughts are on mixing and matching the C90 in the combo with V30's, G12H's etc im not too bothered about brands but any decent cab recommendatons would be great.
I have no need for a 4x12 at the moment but my thoughts were for a loaded 2x12 Zilla cab with the removable back for closed/open sounds, just as an aside I will be using the combo and the cab speakers together.

cheers guys! :D

I haven't shut my mouth about my Port City 212 w/ Eminence, since I got it :lol:

Click the link in my signature, and GAS

shogun said:
I haven't shut my mouth about my Port City 212 w/ Eminence, since I got it :lol:

Click the link in my signature, and GAS

Yeah they look the business! Unfortunately I dont thin theyre available in the UK!! When you say eminence, which speakers do you mean mate?

Any other exoeriences??? :?:

Eminence Cannabis Rex is what I got for speakers, and I LOVE them!

Email Daniel at Port City and I'm sure he can tell you the cost for shipping to the U.K.

I run my Mark V in 10 or 45 watts mostly.
For me, my Marshall AX cab with 4 Celestion greenbacks sounds awesome.

Birdy said:
I run my Mark V in 10 or 45 watts mostly.
For me, my Marshall AX cab with 4 Celestion greenbacks sounds awesome.
Would it be ok to run this cab in 90 watt mode?

Latest posts

Back