speaker replacment for Roadster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spewnz

Reaction score
Hey guys Im running my roadster through an old 4X12 halfback with the metal grill. Ive got the c-90s on top but the 50w Vintage black shadows on the bottom which Ive heard people were less than enthused with so i was thinking about changing em out but there are so many choices just wanted some feedback thanks.....by the way i play mostly hard rock/metal but i like nice chimey clean tones and mid-gain stuff eg. tool ambient dirty cleans and things.

From your post, you make it seem like you want to chance because SOMEONE ELSE said that your speakers are no good?

How do they sound TO YOU?

If you like the sound you're getting, don't screw with it. I made the mistake, messed with A LOT of speakers with my Roadster, and then I eventually came back to where I started....Vintage 30s. The amp was designed around them, and sounds great with them.

Just trying to save you a big headache.

If on the other hand, you don't like your current speakers, I recommend V30s.

Eric

I also recommend V30's. They sound so good all around with the many tones of the Roadster, and really complement the big bottom end of this amp. I also play out of an Orange PPC212 and an Avatar Contemporary212 -- two very dark sounding cabinets. Still though, I love the fragile top end that the V30's bring to the Roadster's sounds, especially with the Vintage settings and less gain.

To each their own. Let your ears be your guide -- from there, you can't go wrong!

Back