speaker question for vertical 2x12 recto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harry65

Reaction score
hey guys, just picked up a nice condition vertical recto 2x12 with v30's, for the last few years i've been playing thru a 1x12 boogie closed back with a 90 watt black shadow, i'm thinking about putting the black shadow in the bottom of the recto and putting the extra v30 into the 1x12 which probably won't see much use anymore, how do you all think the shadow and the v30 will compliment each other in the recto, i see it as a best of both worlds thing, just wondering if anyones tried it and any opinions, thanks and peace,harry

I am far from an expert on speaker wiring, so I trust more knowledgeable forum members will correct me if I'm wrong, however....

You need to make sure that your Black Shadow is the same impedance as the speaker to be swapped. Otherwise you will have wiring problems and an unsafe impedance mismatch

I don't know what closed back 1x12 you have, but most Mesa 1x12 cabs have a single 8ohm speaker. Your vertical 2x12 should have two 16ohm speakers that are wired in parallel to make an 8ohm total load.

I don't think you can just swap the speaker, as you suggest, without altering the impedance of the cab.

Hope that helps...

Latest posts

Back