Speaker help for a Mark 2C+ coli

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcarmona

Reaction score
Picked this up a few months ago for my Mark 2 C+ coli (No reverb or external eq) and now sits along side my trusty jvm. The only cabs I have are the ones that i used with the Jvm which are the 1960A with G-75 Celestions and the 1960 classic with g12m- 25s. With both of these speakers it feels like theres still something missing. Most places that carry other halfstacks are about a 2 hour drive so its tough for me to try and buy, but when I went to a GC (eww) they just pointed me to their Mesa V-30 Cab. The main worry I'd have with the V-30's are the ice pick treble frequencies as I am already getting those with the cabs that I have atm. Any suggestions or debunking of my v-30 fears would be appreciated.

My Coliseum and V30 cab work very well together. You will get a more modern sound, for sure. V30's are also known to be midrangey, and the mesa cabs have strong lows. If you want a tighter sound, go for the Stilleto model, as it's more compact and focuses on the mids and tightens lows. The recto model will be more scooped sounding and have deep lows.

Well i think ill try out a stilleto v-30 cab, have you had any luck with missing the speakers with c-90s or other cabs

Back