Speaker Cabs for Mark III Green Stripe

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 1X12 ported Thiele with an EV-12L, a Mesa 2X2 horizontal with V-30's, a Mesa 4X12 Slant Recto cab and my pick of the litter would be a Mesa 4X12 Recto straight with V-30's. A G-Flex 2X12 is extremely good as well and in some circle may surpass the sonic qualities of other cabinets.

Best for what? Small room gigs, large rooms, bedroom? Personally, I've found the best overall package is the EV-loaded Thiele cab: small footprint, easy to transport, and sounds positively huge. Get two if you need more dispersion, or couple one thiele with an open-back cab that's the same size. The EV-Thiele with an open MC90 is a superb combo in my experience.

Edward

Thanks edward! I do have the 1x12 EV loaded Thiele and a 1x12 C90 Loaded Open Back and I agree they both sound like heaven together! But I guess to be more specific, I wanted to know what would the best 2x12 or 4x12 cab to go with the Mark III head. I like the V30s, but are they as clear as the EV? Should I buy a 4x12 Recto cab and have the top 2 as V30s and the Bottom 2 as EVs? Thanks!

Hmmm, "brutally honest" ...interesting description. I'd say that's about right :)

They aren't as "warm" as an MC90 or V30, which is why I like to combine it with and open-back MC90. But the tight/focused bottom and clarity in the upper-mid and higher voice (some say "sterile," I say "accurate") is what I love so much about the EV-Theile. But as for comparing to a vert or hor 212, or a 412, I couldn't help you there never having had the chance to A/B these with my setup. Not to mention that I really don't want the added weight or lug-fest of hauling such a substantial cab. Best of luck to you though :)

Edward

Latest posts

Back