Speaker / Cabinet questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stormin

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I've recently switched back to playing my Mark I as my primary rig. I have a 1x12 open back cab and a 1x12 thiele cab (both Boogies). I also have a MC-90 and an EVM-12L. Which speaker would you recommend putting in which cab for the best sound? Right now the EVM is in the Thiele and the Celecstion is in the open back.

I thought I'd ask since it's a fair amount of work to switch them.

Thanks for your help,

Stormin!

Personally, I would have a 12L in both of them.

IMO, People who say 12L's are harsh probably don't like the treble knob below 7.

Turn the treble down and the presence up and you got some punch and crunch.

In fact, try it with your current setup.

I would leave the EVM-12L in the the Thiele cab as that is the speaker the cab was designed for, but I also agree with Mahoner, I would get another one for the amp. I use a Mark IV short-head with two Thiele cabs both loaded with EVM-12L's and it sounds terrific.

I agree with a 12L in both, but since that's not what you asked... :)

Second choice is put the 12L in the open back cabinet because that cabinet is not as forgiving acoustically, so I'd want my better speaker in it to make up for it. The Thiele will add a fuller sound to any speaker that's not quote as capable as the 12L, so I'd put the MC-90 into that one and let the Thiele design work its magic.

Just my $0.02.

Latest posts

Back