Speaker cab advice

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ferrara

Reaction score
Hi guys, haven't been on this forum in a long while, but thought I'd get some advice from you. I'm currently getting a 2x12 built for me, and am torn between two configurations. Both configs will sometimes use my 4x12, but getting a 2x12 right now is more about portability.

#1 a larger cab to give me a bit more bass and putting it under my 4x12. Basically recto 212 size, 17-1/2" H x 30-1/8" W x 14--1/4" D. The con is if I use my 4x12 I have to take off the casters which is more than a bit annoying, and I'm worried about my 4x12 and Stiletto Trident putting too much weight on it.

#2 a slightly smaller cab to fit on top of my Stiletto slant 4x12. kind of a hybrid in sizes, 30"W x 18"H x 12"D. Con is its smaller, probably less bass.

I'll be throwing two Scumbacks in it, most likely an H75/55 mix. Like I said, this reason for this cab is to give me more portability when bringing a 4x12 isn't practical, and secondary is adding some more bass to my rig.

Any insight would be great. Thanks guys.

i was thinking of getting the g-flex 2x12 which is kind of the same idea as a thiele 2x12, but opted out because I didn't want the genz benz speakers, and didn't want to buy a used unloaded cab. Instead it's going to be a handmade very high quality 2x12, with the most ideal speakers (Scumback 100watt H75 & H55). The vintage 30s are voiced with a little too much treble and mids, and with the Stiletto it doesn't drive quite enough bass to make up for those shortcomings, hence the Scumbacks.

Anybody else with suggestions, 2x12 with dimensions for on top or below the 4x12?

There are build plans floating around the site here. When I built my thiele, I laboriously documented the entire process so you can see the assembly step by step. I used a G12m Heritage and a v30 in my thiele because that is the tone I like.

Latest posts

Back