Soundeflect's Flapjack

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cesjr

Reaction score
http://www.soundeflect.com/index.htm

So I believe I first saw these in an advertisement for either guitar player or guitar world magazine.

Flapjacks are small PVC discs that you "hook" on the grill cloth of your speaker cabs. They're suppose to "absorb and diffuse" the harsh frequencies that originate from the center of the speaker cone.

I've heard of guys using tape, but what's the word on the flapjack? Are there similar products out there? I guess the easiest thing to do is simply don't stand directly in front of your speakers, but I'm interested all the same.

Weber makes something called a beam blocker,same idea.Never tried one myself.

I use an old Crowded House vinyl single with some foam rubber stuck to it.

It's got to be Crowded House though, otherwise it won't work.

For all you modern cats you could usa a CD or the little plastic keeper disk that you get when you buy a pack of 50 on a spindle thingy.

The frequency response is higher with vinyl as it is analog and doesn't cut off at 16k like digital CDs :mrgreen:

bobmeredith said:
The frequency response is higher with vinyl as it is analog and doesn't cut off at 16k like digital CDs :mrgreen:

Can I use an old Boss DD-3 casing? They said the older digital boxes are closer to the analog ones. :lol:

Back