Someone Just Tried To Scam Me For a Road King...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CudBucket

Reaction score
I bid on a Road King combo on Ebay and lost. Today, I got an email from someone claiming to be the seller offering me a second chance at the amp for my bid of $1575. I thought,"Great Deal". So a quick google search came up with this scam where someone grabs the emails of bidders on items and claims to be the seller, etc. etc.

I sent the email to [email protected] who verified it was a fraud. Plus, none of the messages were coming into the My Message Box on my Ebay account. I then went to the original auction and contacted the seller who said they don't know anything about a second chance offer.

Sometimes, people really suck.

Dave

That happened to me, as well, when I was bidding on them a while back. E-bay actually sent me an e-mail warning about possible fraud issues and to be careful. I had also exchanged an e-mail with their support people at the time. Fortunately, I didn't take the bait. It just looked wrong at the time.

Ya gotta watch your back! The scammers are out there.

i havent been affected by a scam yet but when i go to see the new boogie products on offer on ebay i see often someone creating new accounts all the time using random letters and numbers and of course the person selling these items has absolutley no feedback and they also try to sell it in the Chinese RMB currency. the way that its written is very shifty not to mention they often use the same pictures for different items which are trying to be sold with different accounts.

CudBucket:

You should have said you are willing to buy Road King but then say you are sending more than amount of the Road King with a money order and send the balance to Nigeria or some foreign country .... then ....
4_1_102.gif

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=2899&highlight=scam

CudBucket:

You should have said you are willing to buy Road King but then say you are sending more than amount of the Road King with a money order and send the balance to Nigeria or some foreign country .... then ....

That cracked me up!! Now that is funny! Tell the scammer your driver will be right over with the money order! His name is Slammer. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I just got another second chance offer on the same amp from a different "seller"!!!

F$#kin' amazing.

I almost got caught in the same scam. Guy had a roadking in the US however he happened to be in England at the time so he's ship it from there. He gave me a London address to wire the money to. Fortunately, I have friends over in England, so I told the dude that I would just have a friend drop of the money and they would ship me the amp themselves. Still haven't heard back from the guy...

A friend of mine was bidding on Chapman Sticks. (I still don't know why, ever try to play one?) Anyway, ebay notified him that there were two in the UK that were being offered that were complete scams and to stay away from them.

Unfortunately, ebay doesn't go after these guys who are obvious scammers with as much fervor as they should. You just really have to be careful, ask questions, look at their requested payment methods, and look at their history.

I think that there will always be a certain element of fraud, no matter what venue is used. There'll always be low lifes out there looking to take advantage, if they can "sell" their story.

Latest posts

Back