some new problem with my effects loop!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StrykeBack

Reaction score
So after modding the rectoverbs parallel effects loop to series. I've got a pigtronix phaser, a dd-20 delay and a dml 10 II delay. It seems that my time machine boost my be adding too much gain to my signal to cause my pedals to distort in the effects loop? is this possible? it is series now so I can't mix the level, but atleast i can use my modulations now.

Has anybody else had this issue or no of a way around it. I do have the line level shifter in use but do i need it now that I've modded the effects loop? I imagine the mod wouldn't change the volume levels of the loop.

StrykeBack said:
...cause my pedals to distort in the effects loop? is this possible?

Had this prob with my delay (digital clipping is naaasssty!) in a parallel loop (triple-rec). Backing off on the loop-send level cured the distortion, but caused a big volume drop when switching the loop in. Here's the fix: with your amp on the clean channel, loop on, and loop send set to unity gain (around 1:00-1:30), turn down the channel master until the distortion goes away. Then set your dirty channel master to balance with the clean, and turn up the master output to make up for whatever you lost turning the channels down. IMO the amp sounds better that way even with the FX loop off.

ok so its teh "channel master" thats controlling the feed to the loop uh? whcih would explain why the distortion channel realy wasn't doing anything. thing is that I have the loop as a series now and not parallel so its fully mixed in.

I'l try that little tweak thanks. I've even considered going across all the pedals int he loop and knocking down the volumes. though I like a fully mixed delay signal.

Back