some new covers... (c+)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Platypus

Reaction score
Some new covers played to backing tracks... still floored by how diverse the C+ can sound.

1) http://platypus.memoryfire.com/mq.mp3
Mountain's Mississippi Queen played with C+ and 58 Les Paul

2) http://platypus.memoryfire.com/wywh.mp3
Incubus's Wish You Were Here played with C+ and 62 Jazzmaster

let me know what you guys think... I tried to go with tunes that people don't usually associate the C+ with.

digging the Mississippi Queen. Great tone there. The LP really kicks!

And being that Incubus is one of my top 2 bands, I loved that one! Awesome versatlity, I agree. I actually find I can get great Incubus with no GEQ. It seems Mike uses a lot of the mids usually scooped out.

Elpelotero said:
digging the Mississippi Queen. Great tone there. The LP really kicks!

And being that Incubus is one of my top 2 bands, I loved that one! Awesome versatlity, I agree. I actually find I can get great Incubus with no GEQ. It seems Mike uses a lot of the mids usually scooped out.

GREAT ear, that incubus clip was done with the GEQ switched off and the jazzmaster's middle pickup.

thanks for the comments guys, glad you like them 8)

gts said:
What settings did you use for MQ?

MQ was done with these:
Volume 1: 7
Treb: 6.75
Bass: 2
Mid: 2.5
Master 1: 3
Lead Drive: 8
Lead Master: 2.5

double tracked, one neck and one bridge on a 58 les paul w/ burstbuckers 1/2. right into C+

EQ is a modified classic V shape.. the last slider is lower

Love the Mississipi Queen tone. I was in a group that opened for Mountain once - right on the Mississippi even. I seriously thought my ears were going to bleed about 5 minutes into their set. Leslie West was loud and more than a little bright.

Since were all hanging out there for the setup, we got to witness a crazy "cowbell in the rider" scenario where one of the sound company guys had to drive several hours to get a special cowbell. And the crusty stage guy for Mountain, it turns out, actually had one in his duffle bag but still made them go for a drive.

All in all, that day sucked...but nice work on the clip!

Chickentown said:
Love the Mississipi Queen tone. I was in a group that opened for Mountain once - right on the Mississippi even. I seriously thought my ears were going to bleed about 5 minutes into their set. Leslie West was loud and more than a little bright.

Since were all hanging out there for the setup, we got to witness a crazy "cowbell in the rider" scenario where one of the sound company guys had to drive several hours to get a special cowbell. And the crusty stage guy for Mountain, it turns out, actually had one in his duffle bag but still made them go for a drive.

All in all, that day sucked...but nice work on the clip!

That's an awesome story!

Latest posts

Back