Solo Switch Not Working Any Ideas?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mommysboy

Reaction score
All of a sudden the solo footswitch does work. the light doesn't come on on the pedal like it usually does.

Any ideas? Is there a switch or something that controls that?

The channel switching works fine.

Also, the Solo knob actually adds gain even though its not engaged.

Thanks!

I agree...it's probably just the cable. If that's not it, also check the footswitch since switches can go bad although not very often.

I had that same problem and it ended up being the cable. You can definately improve on the quality and integrity of the cable that Mesa includes with the amp & switch pedal by getting a better cable. I ended up building my own so I could rig my pedal board for a 30 foot run.

I also occasionally shoot some contact cleaner in the switch input on the amp and rotate the 1/4" jack inside the input to clean the contacts in there. I keep a can of non-residue contact cleaner (from Radio Shack) in my gig bag now. About once a month I pull all the connectors from the pedal board and clean the contacts of all the pedal ins & outs too. It also comes in handy for cleaning noisy guitar pots. A can runs about $9 at Radio Shack and will last me over a year.

If the light is not coming on then you are not getting voltage to the switch. Try isolating the problem first. Plug the cable in only and try activating the function by shorting the shank (ground) of the 1/4" plug to the appropriate end on the stereo plug using a paperclip. You should be able to hear a relay clicking in and out as you make and break the connectoion ... which enables the solo function. If not .... try another cable. Once you got a good cable you can then plug it into the foot switch and ohm it out while activating the footswitch button to see if you have a bad switch. If you got a good switch and cable then your jack input could use cleaning or worst your relay is toast. But I doubt it. Good luck.

Yeah, I had the EXACT same thing. I plugged the cable in and out a few times at both ends and it has worked fine after that. For gigs, I'm using a Planet Waves Custom Pro right angled stereo cable, though (yeah, I know it's pretty overkill for a footswitch cable, but they didn't have any other "cheaper" stereo PW cables available at the time I bought it. Works flawlessly, though).

Latest posts

Back