soldano

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

najim

Reaction score
I like to know the different of quality between soldano & mark v- :? :? :?

Having recently owned a Soldano, I would say that the quality of build is equal. The quality of sound is equal to the quality of build. But they are totally different animals in the way they achieve tone, and therefore the way you use them. The most obvious thing being that the Soldano is an old style simple amp with a few basic tone controls, whereas the Mark V (like most modern Mesas) is all about options. I do sometimes wonder if I have too many options on the Mark, as I spend forever trying to refine a sound wondering if I have got the best out of the amp.

Yes, quality is about the same. Both companies are very well known for making amps that can stand up to the test of time. After all, they wouldn't be able to have 5 year/lifetime warranties if the amps weren't well built. Options are what really separate the amps. The SLO will only do a couple things really well whereas the V will provide you almost any type of tone you want (short of using EL-84 or KT power tubes).

All right that sol. & mark are made of almost of the same quality,but the price of sold. is mucha higher of a mark v,why?
Regards to all

Soldano's are built extremely well built with military grade components. I owned an SLO for several years and recently sold it. I'm a Mesa lifer. The SLO is a Marshall type of amp vs. Mesa Mark's which are far from it, which is why I sold it.

Mark Fore said:
Soldano's are built extremely well built with military grade components. I owned an SLO for several years and recently sold it. I'm a Mesa lifer. The SLO is a Marshall type of amp vs. Mesa Mark's which are far from it, which is why I sold it.

The Recto has a very similar circuit to the SLO.

Directly to the question of quality.

The MKV has a 5 year warranty. Boogie has a solid reputation for quality.

The SLO is guaranteed for life, even if you buy it used. There is not better warranty than that. When you turn the SLO on, the extra heavy duty switch even sounds like a heavy spring loaded contact.

The only part I would ever really worry about on an amp is the transformers frying, ironically enough the Soldano SLO transformers are not warrentied for life, from their website.

Soldano products have a lifetime warranty on workmanship
(the SLO-100 warranty is transferable). Parts and labor are
warranted for ten years (excluding tubes, transformers,
damage, and normal wear and tear).
Heritage Softail said:
Directly to the question of quality.

The MKV has a 5 year warranty. Boogie has a solid reputation for quality.

The SLO is guaranteed for life, even if you buy it used. There is not better warranty than that. When you turn the SLO on, the extra heavy duty switch even sounds like a heavy spring loaded contact.

Back