• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Roadster head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update I had the local pakmail estimate shipping on 50 pounds over the phone. It would cost me with $1800 bucks in insurance about $111.00 bucks to ship.

Now I keep forgetting about the foot-switch I would have to ship that in another box. I don't think it will go into the same box, although I havn't placed the head in it's original box yet to see about the room......

So taking that into account I would maybe go as low as 1,800 on the head alone yielding me about 1,650 in return. All in all I would be taking about a 400 dollar loss. I pray a local will buy the whole set up as it's a better deal for both parties. Although I will ship just the head to anyone who has real money...

Thanks

shnapper said:
Update I had the local pakmail estimate shipping on 50 pounds over the phone. It would cost me with $1800 bucks in insurance about $111.00 bucks to ship.

Now I keep forgetting about the foot-switch I would have to ship that in another box. I don't think it will go into the same box, although I havn't placed the head in it's original box yet to see about the room......

So taking that into account I would maybe go as low as 1,800 on the head alone yielding me about 1,650 in return. All in all I would be taking about a 400 dollar loss. I pray a local will buy the whole set up as it's a better deal for both parties. Although I will ship just the head to anyone who has real money...

Thanks

i dont know why the hell they quoted you that much.... ive shipped a rectoverb and vetta combos for much less than that insured.... i believe the rectoverb was 80 shipped from NJ to Cali and the vetta was 65 shipped to Chicago... and remember the combos are huge so that gets taken into account in the price.... try 1) packing it yourself and 2) using fedex.... ive always had a great experience with fedex...they dont rip you off.... and i found i do a better packing job than either ups or fedex (granted i minored in packaging engineering in college).... you could ship that bad boy for about $50 insured.... did you try posting it on harmony central??

Naw haven't done Harmony Central yet. I'm kinda turned off about the shipping thing, I'll let this thread ride. If no one local wants to jump on it, I guess it will sit until I get a decent offer.........

shnapper said:

Thanks

Do it yourself! I've probably traded or sold 20 amps over the years and I can do a better job than any pack and ship company. You just have to know how to pack it and have good materials. I just shipped a Roadster to Michigan fully insured in one box (with fs) for $50.00. I've never shipped a head anywhere in the cont. US that cost me more than $55.00 to ship. I've also never had a problem with any damage. Just don't use DHL, they suck!!

Well I put the thing on craigslist this morning and it appears to have been a good thing. We'll see if any of these emails turns into sale, one guy offered me 1,500 cash for head and cab DELETE! Another guy is asking about popping mine only pops once between 3 & 4 then the pop is gone......

Then I made the mistake of plugging my strat in and actually practicing and **** I love playing but I do kinda suck LOL!
:D

shnapper said:
Well I put the thing on craigslist this morning and it appears to have been a good thing. We'll see if any of these emails turns into sale, one guy offered me 1,500 cash for head and cab DELETE! Another guy is asking about popping mine only pops once between 3 & 4 then the pop is gone......

Then I made the mistake of plugging my strat in and actually practicing and **** I love playing but I do kinda suck LOL!
:D

that guy who offered 1500 for head and cab should be beaten with the your roadster's foot controller..... make sure you get at the very least 2000 for the head and cab..... i would even venture to say sell them seperately as you'll make more money that way.... you can get at least 1600 head and if your cab is a 4x12 mesa cab lets say in great condition, you'd be able to get at least 500-600 for the cab..... thats low estimates .... i think reasonably sold seperately you should get about 2200-2300 if your patient

jdurso said:
shnapper said:
Sold Locally for 2000, head and cab are gone............

nice man.... the guy who bought it got a killer deal..... any ideas of what the next amp will be?

Well I already spoiled myself with the roadster, so honestly I think I'm screwed. Unless you all can recommend a good budget combo that plays good cleans (reverb) and maybe make some good noise with another channel. Remember this is for a jam room and most likely will never be gigged, but I would like it to be versatile and sound good.

Like I said I'm spoiled and screwed LOL. I was looking at Mesa combos already like the stiletto ace ya that's a budget LOL.............

People seem to get a lot of bang for buck out of the DC series...

shnapper said:
jdurso said:
shnapper said:
Sold Locally for 2000, head and cab are gone............

nice man.... the guy who bought it got a killer deal..... any ideas of what the next amp will be?

Well I already spoiled myself with the roadster, so honestly I think I'm screwed. Unless you all can recommend a good budget combo that plays good cleans (reverb) and maybe make some good noise with another channel. Remember this is for a jam room and most likely will never be gigged, but I would like it to be versatile and sound good.

Like I said I'm spoiled and screwed LOL. I was looking at Mesa combos already like the stiletto ace ya that's a budget LOL.............

i would look at maybe a dc-10 combo.... very different dirty its more like a mark iv... the cleans are pretty good too (not as good as the roadster IMO).....theyre very very affordible and sound awesome... also depending on the type of dirty you wnat take a look at the 5:50 combo..... nice cleans and it can get pretty heavy too... again not recto heavy b ut heavy enough..... and of course the rectoverb combo which has a good clean and that recto higain channel

outside of mesa some great amps that come to mind for a jam room would be the randall rm50b combo..... it uses all tube modular preamps... basically you can mix and match to find your tone... they just released the new kirk hammett modules which are awesome and very mesa sounding to me.... his clean module is unreal, like fender mixed with a jazz chorus... the head goes for about 1000 new and the KH modules are about 200 each... so you can get a pretty combo head for 1400.... also they have the rm50s which already comes with the fender and marshall modules.... switch out that marshall for a kh2 or another higain module and again a pretty sweet combo

rm50b
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RM50B-50Watt-1x12-Modular-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=481256

rm50s
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RM50S2-50Watt-1x12-Modular-Tube-Combo-Amp-with-Blackface-and-Plexi-Preamp-Modules.?sku=481268

also look into something like like the rivera clubster.... little 25 watt amp that sounds fantastic... doesnt get recto heavy but heavy enough for hard rock especially if you have an OD in front: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rivera-Clubster-25W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=482078

also going completely away from a 2 channel amp get something like a fender deluxe and throw a mi audio tube zone infront and from the clips i heard its a very convincing mesa type tone... also i heard clips of the tube zone with a jc-120 and that sounds awesome... plus a combo like a jc120 is one of the best clean amps ever check out the clips here:
http://www.miaudio.com/TZ3.htm

i know thats a big post but i hope it helps.... i wasnt sure of you budget or what tone your going for but i tried to cover some nice combos or combo setups that sound great and are under 1500

also ive seen some jsx combos in different forums for under 1k and thats one of the best combos ive played....

then of course there's always digital like the vetta which you can get for around 600-700 and you can get some great tones out of that.... almost as good as the real things at times..... also the new spider valves sound pretty darn good for a non-100% tube amp

and of course the bugeras :shock: ok that was a half joke.... if they didnt have reliability issues they would be a great buy for $500

jdurso said:
also ive seen some jsx combos in different forums for under 1k and thats one of the best combos ive played....

Aye Durso a Nomad combo just popped up in my area on craigslist. Nomad 55 4x10 jenson set up.

Any good? guy wants $575 and it's in good condish, should I look at it or skip it?

shnapper said:
jdurso said:

Aye Durso a Nomad combo just popped up in my area on craigslist. Nomad 55 4x10 jenson set up.

Any good? guy wants $575 and it's in good condish, should I look at it or skip it?

definitely take a look at it. i think the nomads are great amps. they have good cleans and a pretty killer gain channel. there is this local bar band near me and the guitarist uses a 2x12 nomad combo into a 2x12 mesa recto cab with a tube screamer infront and just an eq and delay in the loop and his sound is awesome.... he can go from floyd to zeppelin to metallica all with that amp...... i've never played the 4x10 combos but i imagine they sound just as good as the 2x12 combo..... check it out and see if you like it because for 575 thats a **** good deal

Aye Durso,

The dude with the Nomad is going to bring it by for me to look a tomorrow, but in the mean time........................

I picked this little Deville 212 used from a craigslister today for $390.00, covered with gobs of dust as it's been sitting a few years. I stripped it and gave her a bath and shes good to go and sounds delish.........

After listening to the clips you put up of the tube zone through a 1x12 I figured I can buy the fender and the Nomad both for under a grand to play with. :D

Deville.jpg
[/img]

Deville2.jpg

[/img]
Deville4.jpg

shnapper said:
Aye Durso,

The dude with the Nomad is going to bring it by for me to look a tomorrow, but in the mean time........................

I picked this little Deville 212 used from a craigslister today for $390.00, covered with gobs of dust as it's been sitting a few years. I stripped it and gave her a bath and shes good to go and sounds delish.........

After listening to the clips you put up of the tube zone through a 1x12 I figured I can buy the fender and the Nomad both for under a grand to play with. :D

Deville.jpg
[/img]

Deville2.jpg

[/img]
Deville4.jpg

awesome grab man..... i know you can find that tube zone for under 200 also so you'll have some nice selection between the two amps.... and if one gets you what you want then even better..... i was actually pretty blown away by those clips on the mi audio site..... i had a jc120 for years and would have loved a pedal like that for smaller gigs like this church we played at and just for a practice amp..... if you do get the tube zone let me know how it sounds with the deville because my buddy is looking for a pedal like that for his deluxe

jdurso said:
awesome grab man..... i know you can find that tube zone for under 200 also so you'll have some nice selection between the two amps.... and if one gets you what you want then even better..... i was actually pretty blown away by those clips on the mi audio site..... i had a jc120 for years and would have loved a pedal like that for smaller gigs like this church we played at and just for a practice amp..... if you do get the tube zone let me know how it sounds with the deville because my buddy is looking for a pedal like that for his deluxe

Alright will do, I know I'm going to talk to Bob @ euro tubes about one of his Modded Tube sets. I have my tube screamer (ts-9) and on "more drive" it gets a little bright and broken but the ts9 kinda sucks anyway LOL. The cleans on the Deville are great and bob has a set that keeps the warmth but kicks the drive up with some different preamp tubes.....

Either way I'll let you know.............

Latest posts

Back