• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Roadster head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I found the original boogie box in my attic the Head is ready to ship. I will pay for shipping in the 2k price. I can either remove or re-sock the power tubes for shipping. I still have the tube socks and all paper work.......The pre's I will leave in place under the spring loaded covers.

i'm sorry but with taxes and everything i think i payed 2000 for mine brand new less than a year ago so i'm not sure why anyone would buy one used for 2000 when they can buy a new one for just about that same price...... i would adjust your price if your serious about selling it because ive seen ones that were nearly near only go for 1600-1800 on other forums and ebay.... i'm just suggesting it if your serious about selling it... take it for what its worth.... now if you just sold the whole thing as a package for 2200 and didnt even mention the 2000 just for the head i think you'd do a lot better... anyhow good luck

jdurso said:
i'm sorry but with taxes and everything i think i payed 2000 for mine brand new less than a year ago so i'm not sure why anyone would buy one used for 2000 when they can buy a new one for just about that same price...... i would adjust your price if your serious about selling it because ive seen ones that were nearly near only go for 1600-1800 on other forums and ebay.... i'm just suggesting it if your serious about selling it... take it for what its worth.... now if you just sold the whole thing as a package for 2200 and didnt even mention the 2000 just for the head i think you'd do a lot better... anyhow good luck

Ok thanks

I just dug up my receipt, the Roadster head cost me $2052.82 total brand new.........

So if you want a roadster head in like new condition with a matched set of JJ's and a transferable 5 year warranty (4 years left) I have one for sale.

Lets say $1,875 obo, I'm not sure how much shipping will cost me, but I know this head is heavy so I'm going to lose money no matter what..........

looks like a nice amp in great condition and i'm actually in the market for one but like j mentioned....mine is brand new and on order at GC for $1900.00 My buddy caught one on Ebay two days ago for $1300.00 Not that yours isn't worth it but it's all about the current demand for certain amps...and the economy too. I just sold my 2 CH Dual Rec, Revision E for $1200, knowing it was worth every bit of 1500.00 or more. Good luck though!

MiSeRY said:
looks like a nice amp in great condition and i'm actually in the market for one but like j mentioned....mine is brand new and on order at GC for $1900.00 My buddy caught one on Ebay two days ago for $1300.00 Not that yours isn't worth it but it's all about the current demand for certain amps...and the economy too. I just sold my 2 CH Dual Rec, Revision E for $1200, knowing it was worth every bit of 1500.00 or more. Good luck though!

Well the good thing for me is my wife and I are in the blood sucking insurance industry so money is good LOL.

You getting one new isn't really an advantage, mine has fresh JJ's and a warranty. A new roadster on order can get to GC with a shattered tube and could be sent back. My point being just because you have it on order and it's new doesn't mean it's going to be better it's just costing you more and you have to wait. You could drop your order and buy mine, how long is the waiting list these days for the roadster??

shnapper said:
MiSeRY said:

Well the good thing for me is my wife and I are in the blood sucking insurance industry so money is good LOL.

You getting one new isn't really an advantage, mine has fresh JJ's and a warranty. A new roadster on order can get to GC with a shattered tube and could be sent back. My point being just because you have it on order and it's new doesn't mean it's going to be better it's just costing you more and you have to wait. You could drop your order and buy mine, how long is the waiting list these days for the roadster??

they actually have one in stock but the reverb unit is not working. i'm probably picking that one up this weekend to use until the new one from Mesa arrives which is about 60 days.

OK so the wait is Still the mesa standard 90 days or so. Bummer the reverb unit isn't working in the floor unit that's exactly what I was getting at as far as the "NEW" thing goes.

My preamp tube went out 2 weeks after I got mine. I could have warranted it out at the local service center but that's another wait all over again. So I just ordered matched tubes and have not had a problem since. This Amp gets used very little as I can't play worth the **** anyway LOL......

MiSeRY said:

your buddy lucked out.. ive never seen one go for that low.... the lowest was maybe 1500..... but shnappers is only 2-3 months old so i can see asking 1875 shipped or something around there.... mine being around a year old though maybe i could get 1600-1700

shnapper said:
OK so the wait is Still the mesa standard 90 days or so. Bummer the reverb unit isn't working in the floor unit that's exactly what I was getting at as far as the "NEW" thing goes.

My preamp tube went out 2 weeks after I got mine. I could have warranted it out at the local service center but that's another wait all over again. So I just ordered matched tubes and have not had a problem since. This Amp gets used very little as I can't play worth the sh!t anyway LOL......

you may want to post of harmony central if you havent already as ive seen some ineterest over there.... also you may want to consider a trade.... even if your just looking for $$$ if you can trade for something with a little more in demand your better off

Actually mine is about 1 year and 3 months old J, I just strummed a few chords through it as that's all I can do. If it sells I will miss it, but in all honesty a real musician deserves this caliber of Amp not I.......

jdurso said:
MiSeRY said:

your buddy lucked out.. ive never seen one go for that low.... the lowest was maybe 1500..... but shnappers is only 2-3 months old so i can see asking 1875 shipped or something around there.... mine being around a year old though maybe i could get 1600-1700

oh, he absolutely stole it, at that price.

By chance if anyone on here knows anyone or is from the Phoenix-Tuscon area and can pick up.

I will sell both the Head and 4x12 cab for 2,000 even which is a great deal.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back