• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD** Mark IV head- Rev. B wide**SOLD

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babow2

Reaction score
I am selling my beloved Mesa Boogie Mark IV medium wide head. This amp is in perfect working condition and excellent physical condition. Everything works as it should, including the footswitch. Not only that, the little clips that hold the footswitch onto the back of the head even work (and that is rare on these amps as you know!). As you can see from the pictures, the tolex and grill are very clean and the amp has been well taken care of. The amp was serviced at Mesa in August 2009. It had a general cleaning and servicing, and the pentode/triode switch replaced. It currently has 4 Mesa 6L6's in it, and I will include a matched pair of Mesa EL-34s with the amp.

This is an early version B head from early 1994, serial number IV-06770. The single stereo FX loop in triangle configuration and the connected power cord ar the physical hallmarks of an early Rev. B. Also, the Mesa Factory dated it to early 1994 for me.

I have used this amp with 1x12, 2x12 and other cabinets, and it always sounds great. I played a Mark IV for 10 years and then went on a tone search for 6 years. I ended up coming back to the Mark IV. So, why am I selling? You know how it goes- I have a new Mark V on order from the factory and other Mesa amps in the studio. Someone has to go.

I am offering the amp at $1,250 plus shipping in the CONUS. I am not interested in trades.
Photos at: http://s986.photobucket.com/albums/ae343/babow2/Mesa%20Mark%20IV/

Thanks,
Brent

This was my old amp, and I can attest to it being in nice condition and I'm sure Brent kept it immaculate. he was super easy to deal with for sellng it to him, so fear not potential buyers.

If you would have posted this about 1 week earlier, I would have bought it back from you. Unfortunately I just bought a Mark IV combo for $750, serial number 16. Needed TLC, but cleaned up really nice and sounds killer.

Good luck selling it, it should go pretty quick at that price.

Hey thanks. Wow, you got a great deal on your new amp!
I feel a little guilty selling it, cuz it such a nice amp. But, I have an incoming Mark V through a lucky situation and a Heartbreaker as a back up. I just don't see the Mark IV getting "da love" with the Mark V on its way. It is a great amp though and thanks for the recommendation.

Brent

Hey Kartoffel (Nick)
Thanks for buying the amp and making it such an easy deal.
Members on the Board restore faith in humanity.
Enjoy the amp man!
Brent

Same kind words for Brent. Everything went amazing. Deal was even easier, faster, better, less hassle etc... than Ebay. Will follow up when it gets here. From the way he described his shipping process it should arrive better than it was when it left :)

Back