So now I know why all youtube videos sound like ***

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krash

Reaction score
Our brand new 50 watt single rectifer head arrived today.

It significantly exceeds our expectations. I can't believe I got this for the same price as an Express 5:50.

1) I didn't realize that in the clean mode, you can crank the gain way up and get a great 1970s classic rock tone.

2) Vintage and Modern modes are unbelievable. Off the charts unbelievable.

3) Amp is way more versatile in person than what you see on Youtube. Speaking of Youtube, I made a video but it sounds like ***. It just doesn't do the amp any justice at all - so there is no way I'm uploading it. Actually, it sounds absolutely horrible on video but FANTASTIC in person.

In terms of settings, we keep the gain at 1:00 on vintage and modern. Treble at noon. Mids and bass around 10:30. Presence around 9:30.

Guitar used: ESP with EMG 81s.

With the gain at 1:00, we get all the gain we ever will need. Perfect for Metallica.

:D

EDIT:

I take that back. There are several videos that sound good, some of them by members of this board. But I just don't have the ability to get that kind of a sound on a video - so it's not worth my time to worry about making videos.

oh man i cant wait to get my amp... i know most videos and recording an amp is a hard thing to do... but i guess mixing it with a track using a sm57 and doing the actual video

Latest posts

Back