So, I got my Mark IV in the mail....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bro KV

Reaction score
Here it is
IMG_4173.jpg

But when I looked in the box I saw this
IMG_4167.jpg

and the back of the amp
IMG_4169.jpg

So I made a trip to Hollywood yesterday to have it re-tubed and have it checked out. The guys there are way cool, but the drive into LA on the 101 was a fucking joke. Anyways, hopefully it will be done tomorrow. :D

First off, congrats on your amp dude. Second, Thats one sorry a$$ packing and shipping. Hope everything turns out to be in pristine condition minus them tubes of course.

It was actually the original shipping box, but it looks like USPS launched it off the back of the truck. The shipper already paid for the power tubes, and I am have Mesa put new preamp tubes in since it is there anyways.

Rule of thumb:

NEVER ship an amp with the power tubes in thier sockets. This will ALWAYS happen. Power tubes need to be taken out of thier sockets and wrapped in paper and/or padding and boxed and then can be placed in the back of the chassis or shipped seperate.

Facelift said:
Rule of thumb:

NEVER ship an amp with the power tubes in thier sockets. This will ALWAYS happen. Power tubes need to be taken out of thier sockets and wrapped in paper and/or padding and boxed and then can be placed in the back of the chassis or shipped seperate.
Amen! I've never had an amp arrive in the mail that didn't have power tubes falling/fallen out of their sockets! And that's with 4 different carriers!

-dave

Bro KV said:
The guys there are way cool, but the drive into LA on the 101 was a f%&# joke. Anyways, hopefully it will be done tomorrow. :D

The last time I was in LA, I saw a woman smoke crystal meth in the passenger seat of a passing car on the expressway. No joke is right.

San Diego isnt that bad, Then again it is next to the border so its 90% mexicans which is not bad! Im mexican just saying :lol:

Thanks to all for dissing, I mean, telling the truth about CA.
We need to keep the riff-raff out, after all. :lol:

Hmmm, so should I drive over to the Mesa factory, about 2 miles from my house, here in Petaluma, CALIFORNIA, and let them know they suck for being in California? :roll:

C'mon guys, lighten up. The Los Angeles freeway system is no more representative of the entire state of California than Time Square represents all that New York has to offer. Anytime, y'all want to see the ocean, redwood forests, vineyards, Sierra mountain range, miles of pristine open countryside, plus world class restaurants, thriving nightlife and on and on (all in one day!), c'mon out to Northern California.

i know you all were tongue in cheek, but someone had to stand up. :lol:

babow2 said:
Hmmm, so should I drive over to the Mesa factory, about 2 miles from my house, here in Petaluma, CALIFORNIA, and let them know they suck for being in California? :roll:

C'mon guys, lighten up. The Los Angeles freeway system is no more representative of the entire state of California than Time Square represents all that New York has to offer. Anytime, y'all want to see the ocean, redwood forests, vineyards, Sierra mountain range, miles of pristine open countryside, plus world class restaurants, thriving nightlife and on and on (all in one day!), c'mon out to Northern California.

Wasnt that a commerical for northern Cali :lol:

babow2 said:

We are talking about SoCal here. Besides you have Fresno.

Back