Snap! My mark IV broke down!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It means 1.5A for sure, guess the department of redundancy department at mesa wanted to make doubly sure ;)

Now my curiosity has been sparked. If you have an export transformer model set to the 100 or 117 volt position, which fuse do you use? If 200-240 volt settings use the 1.5A (as per the red tag), do the 100-117 volt settings use the 3A fuse? :eek:

JOEY B. said:
Now my curiosity has been sparked. If you have an export transformer model set to the 100 or 117 volt position, which fuse do you use? If 200-240 volt settings use the 1.5A (as per the red tag), do the 100-117 volt settings use the 3A fuse? :eek:

Well, it does say 1.5A EXPORT under the fuseholder without any spesific voltage setting info, so I guess that's what I would use either way.

Erik if your not very careful your going to fry a tranny. Sounds like you have an amp that needs new Power Tubes and Definately needs Bias checking/setting. Please make sure the fuse value for what voltage you use is used. If your using to high a value your are headed for disaster. If I had to geuss the reason you are having problems is the tube socket problem. You need all of the above checked out before you kill your amp.

Also for those that want to know.

The higher the incoming voltage to the amp the smaller fuse you need. If you are running 120 Voltas here in the states the fuse value in amps is higher than if you are using 230 Volt.

There is a pretty long techinical explanation for that but I'll save you all that Jazz.

Latest posts

Back