slip cover w/ mark iv?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guitar Adjuster

Reaction score
The one day a year it rains in S. Cal. and you want to take the amp out for a walk :lol: Cover it with a plastic trash bag then order a cover from Studio Slips -- Mike B's wife owns it, great product. If it gets a little wet let it dry off before your turn it on!!!!! :shock:

My new 5:50 is the first amp that I've ever had a cover for (unless you count the ratty old cover that came with my Vibrolux Reverb).

I've carried amps in the rain many times in the past 25+ years without using a cover and never worried about it. The amps have been fine.

I am using the cover that came with my 5:50, though.

Herbie the Rad Dorklift said:
Are those slip covers any good?

Look pretty cheap to me. Spend $4000 on an amp and it don't even come with a case :mad:

New Mesa's come with a slip cover. The Studio Slips is a separate aftermarket company that make covers for all makes and models of amps and they are TOP of the line as far as padded covers/slips are concerned.

My MkIV, purchased new, came with a slipcover. For my used amps which didn't, I order from d2f.com.

My MK IV didn't come with a cover, :shock: But then I bought it fifteen years ago... Wonder if I can go back and bug the music store for my amp cover? :D

Guitar Adjuster said:
The one day a year it rains in S. Cal. and you want to take the amp out for a walk :lol: Cover it with a plastic trash bag then order a cover from Studio Slips -- Mike B's wife owns it, great product. If it gets a little wet let it dry off before your turn it on!!!!! :shock:

My Studio Slips clamshell gig bags will arrive tomorrow. With double padding to protect the hardwood cabs. Great light duty protection without the weight of a roadcase. :D

Guitar Adjuster said:
Herbie the Rad Dorklift said:
Are those slip covers any good?

Look pretty cheap to me. Spend $4000 on an amp and it don't even come with a case :mad:

New Mesa's come with a slip cover. The Studio Slips is a separate aftermarket company that make covers for all makes and models of amps and they are TOP of the line as far as padded covers/slips are concerned.
Yeh, mine came with the Mesa cover. It's pretty flimsy.

Then again, I'm getting a flight case for it.

Back