Slaving Boogies

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlosasi

Reaction score
What is actually happening when I take the direct out of my Mark III and go into my IIA Return? (I assume that is the correct way to slave Boogies) Am I using the front controls of my Mark III to drive the speakers of both amps or can I also use the preamp controls of the IIA to separately affect its sound? I've checked the manual but it doesn't go into detail.

Thanks

It appears to have been modified to have an effects send and return. I have run outboard gear in this loop successfully.

carlosasi said:
It appears to have been modified to have an effects send and return. I have run outboard gear in this loop successfully.

Ok then. The controls that will be active on your MkIIA when running a signal into the effects return should be:

Master Volume and its pull function.
Presence
Graphic EQ

Since it is a MkIIA the lead drive control may alter the sound when it is turned, so I would make sure that the amp is switched to the rhythm channel. :D

This worked, cool, now I have a 2 x12 in essence whose volume and presense can be controlled separately. but I have no sound when switched to the Lead mode on the IIA is that normal?

thanks for your help I just wanted to be sure I wasn't going to blow up my boogies. These kind of hookups test my dyslexia.

Latest posts

Back