Slave out - Tuner?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sounds like a good idea...but how would you mute the guitar while tuning?

I was thinking of hitting stand by on. Should work I would think. Although it's not hands free. :lol: Wait no it won't, the amp is on Stand-by. :lol: :cry:

MesieBooga said:
Anyone use the Slave out on the amp for a tuner?
For what amp? On the Mark IV use the RECORDING OUT jack, and for silent tuning just pull the OUTPUT LEVEL.

How about for the Mark III amps? I don't want to situate my boss tu-12 in line...I think it sucks tone. So, are there any other ideas about quiet tuning?

btown,

You could always use an A/B box. Guitar in to the A/B box, one side goes to the amp and the other side goes the tuner.

Same idea could be used with the effects loop. Take the effects send to the input of the A/B box, one side goes to the return of the amp the other goes to the tuner.

Chris... 8)

chedgeco said:
btown,

You could always use an A/B box. Guitar in to the A/B box, one side goes to the amp and the other side goes the tuner.

Same idea could be used with the effects loop. Take the effects send to the input of the A/B box, one side goes to the return of the amp the other goes to the tuner.

Chris... 8)

that's what I do

Great guys, did you ever hear of a Boss TU-2? :lol:
There is something in line either way. I'm looking to go direct to the amp, both ways still have something in line. :? That little difference of going direct to the amp or having one pedal in line drives me crazy. Last weekend I put a TU-2 6 feet from the amp. I have to tune!

chedgeco said:
btown,

Chris... 8)

Bingo...

I could not imagine putting a tuner anywhere in my signal path.

You could get a "looper" type pedal made.

I had one made a couple of years ago... it is a very small (about 4" x 4") square metal box. It gave me True Bypass for a loop of FX and kept my tuner out of the signal path while still allowing Silent Tuning between songs.

I had two input jacks with a switch (so I could keep two guitars plugged in at all times for quick switches) (Basically an A/B input setup)

It had a switch and single output jack for a "Muted Tuner-Send"... kept my TU-2 here.

It had two jacks "send" and "return" for additional FX pedals and a switch to bring those into the chain.

If I was going to use FX, I hit switch #3. When I hit that switch again, I was "true bypass" into my amp. The pedals could already be on, and all I had to do was hit this switch to turn them on or off. There was an Amber LED to tell me when it was active.

If I needed to tune, I hit switch #2. I could tune silently, but the tuner was NOT in my signal path. There was another LED for this switch.

If I switched guitars, I hit the input switch (which lit either the Green or the Red Light to tell me which one was active).

The box required 9V power from an adaptor (but only to light the LEDs).

I had it built to my specs, cost me $110 bucks. Built like a tank. Came unpainted so I could paint it however I wanted.

I used it when I was using Fender single channel amps and wanted to keep a couple of Overdrive pedals ready to go for distortion, but hated the tone sucking of some of them. I still have it, haven't used it for a while, but can't bring myself to get rid of it. Pretty useful tool to have around.

Back